• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
gonna be out of the office for 2 straight weeks starting sunday. the day before a trip is always a ******* train wreck and today is no exception.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

gonna be out of the office for 2 straight weeks starting sunday. the day before a trip is always a ******* train wreck and today is no exception.

I always figure that I'm getting the crap out of the way early when those days happen. That said, I don't think I've ever been out of the office for 2 straight weeks ever. Not on honeymoon, not in Europe, never.

I tend to think that if I was out longer than a week - even if I was rotting in some jail somewhere - my boss would figure out a way to spring me and have me at my desk before the end of week 2.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I tend to think that if I was out longer than a week - even if I was rotting in some jail somewhere - my boss would figure out a way to spring me and have me at my desk before the end of week 2.

Overestimating our value, are we? :devil:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Overestimating our value, are we? :devil:

Not a question of value (my job function is easily filled, but the intangibles I bring to the office are harder to replace) but rather of an employer's attendance fixation. It borders on OCD.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not a question of value (my job function is easily filled, but the intangibles I bring to the office are harder to replace) but rather of an employer's attendance fixation. It borders on OCD.

I, myself, bring a lot tangibles to the table if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, myself, bring a lot tangibles to the table if you catch my drift.

Me too! I normally get two dozen done Taco Cabana's way for breakfast, especially when annual performance reports are coming up.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My Friday night - dinner with the fruitcake that I used to take care of, 1 hour on the phone with AT&T to get their iPhone setup, get told via text that I'm an asshole of the highest order (for no reason that I can discern), came home and am now watching Grey's Anatomy while laying on ice.

I am Conne.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ditto to all of the above. fortunately ill be in hawaii one of the weeks

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, this is both a downer poast and not-so-down. This last week has seen a few instances of happenstance that point towards working the marriage thing out. A bumpy ride lies ahead, of course, but the urge to leave the house at 2 a.m., hop on a freight vessel to Greece and start a new life isn't quite as compelling as it was previously.

So, the downer part: our son has a new-ish friend who has stayed with us once before. His folks have divorced. Last night he came to stay with us again, we went roller skating (gaaah but that's a horror story for another time) and our son's friend happened to get fixated on his mom, whom he cannot see right now. I don't know much but it seems that the state is involved and he started crying about missing his mom. He didn't break down but wasn't easily consoled, either. Eventually, I found myself driving him home (at his insistence) at 11:30 last night.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AutoDesk and thier ****** version of AutoCAD for Mac OS. :brick:. First of all, AutoCAD 2011 for Mac wouldn't install on my MacBook when it originally came out because the graphics card wasn't supported... even though I was able to run AutoCAD 2010 for Windows through Parallels just fine! Then I swapped MacBooks with my mom so I could run AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Student Edition (since her MB was newer than mine and supported). Then before I moved to NYC, we switched the MB's again, since I knew eventually I would get a new computer. In the interm Lion (OS 10.7) comes out.

So, I get a Mac Mini, install AutoCAD 2011, it works fine for a week (by 'fine' I mean buggy, but passable, its nowhere as crisp as it is on Windows), and then all the sudden. Crash. It won't start up. I reinstall the software. It starts up, but crashes every few minutes, so still unusable. I download all 3 updates from AutoDesk... still crashes. I get a trial version of AutoCAD 2012, its still buggy but doesn't seem to crash... I own the student version of AutoCAD 2011 and really have no intention of repurchasing the program all over again because AutoDesk is unable to get their program to run properly.

Adobe is normally the gold standard in ******, expensive programs, but AutoDesk is keen on taking their place. All my Adobe programs run perfectly fine in Lion...

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I always figure that I'm getting the crap out of the way early when those days happen. That said, I don't think I've ever been out of the office for 2 straight weeks ever. Not on honeymoon, not in Europe, never.

Really? I think I've taken 3 random weeks off this year. And I have another week off in December. :laugh:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
broke one of my favorite collar stays today :(

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not really pissing me off at this point, but i was pretty irritated last night when it happened:

i had a formal event to go to last night and i spent the week stressing about what i was going to wear, and spent a small fortune on my clothes. I had a great tux but it needed alterations and i had to drive to DC (to Field) to find someone I trusted to handle it. Then I didn't know what shoes to wear, and ended up buying a pair of C&Js for overnight delivery. Then I bought three different shirts trying to find just the right one. Finally settled on a BB with spread collar even though they didn't quite have the right size.

Anyways, yesterday I thought I finally had it all figured out, but when I went to get dressed, I could not find my braces. I turned the house upside down and finally just had to settle on wearing "regular" (non-formal) braces. Then I went to starch and iron my brand new and newly washed shirt and I'm still not sure what happened but it yellowed a little on the bib. As a result of rushing out the door after the braces debacle, we were late....

...and when I walked in the front door of the event I realized I had forgot to put my square in.

All that time, all that money, all that panic just so I would be 100% satisfied with my outfit and I ******* forgot the square.

Pissing me off now: My wife made plans to go help some trailer park woman she halfway knows (went to HS with her and is FB friends but hadn't seen this woman in years) but who took a dog that my wife and sister-in-law had "rescued" from a bad situation. Turns out this woman lives in a trailer and her yard looks like Sanford and Son. So the wife and sister-in-law decided to go "help" this woman by clearing out her yard, and they scheduled it for the day I leave to go on a 2-week business trip. She woke up early, waking me and the kid in the process, ran out the door, and now I'm here with my daughter alone with a hangover trying to keep an eye on her and pack up and prepare to leave at the same time. I just hope she gets back in time for me to head to the airport when I need to - she didn't realize until i told her last night that this place she's going to is like an hour away, and also happens to be on the same road as the renaissance festival, so it's going to take extra long to get there. All on this hare-brained mission to clean up a yard that's going to look just like it did before in 2 weeks. :fu:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads