Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

You know, I think there's a lot that's problematic about viewing students first and foremost as consumers of education. But nonetheless, educators certainly ought to take some account of the fact that students are paying their hard-earned money--or at least someone's hard-earned money--to take these courses. It's just disrespectful of the students to teach them a heap of platitudes like that. Of course it would still be disrespectful even if the classes were free. Still, I'd be pretty displeased if I were a student in a class like that.

Oh well. Off to go teach my night class.

2. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Just too much to do, and not enough time. About to be out of the office for 2 straight weeks and I have all kinds of stuff to wrap up at work, not to mention a bunch going on in my personal life that is stressful. I mean, I guess all good stuff, nothing terribly drastic, but it's just a lot all hitting at once and it's really stressing me out. Life used to never stress me out... I guess I'm getting older.

(cool story, huh?)

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

I was driving home from work and some idiot was tailgating me. We were both in the left lane, and we passed a minivan that was driving in the right lane. After we passed the minivan, I signaled and started changing lanes. So, apparently, did the idiot who was tailgating me (I don't know if he signaled because he was too close for me to see his blinker). He decided to try to swing out wide to the right (there's a bike/turn lane on the right) and floor it to get around me. He hit me as he swung back in.

I got the ticket and the blame.

Such. Fucking. Bullshit.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

MG, that is ridiculous. :fu:

I am tired of my shitty salary. I have friends who always seem to be booking trips to this place and that place, buying new gadgets, whatever. Stuff like that is just impossible for me. Sigh.

5. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

at least you're a panta model, conne.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Even in the best of times, change is stressful. This too shall pass.

Okay, that fucking suuuucks. Redneck truck-driving assholes are awful.

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Going on the resume!

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Probably putting it on credit.

9. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

You are the 99 percent :violin:

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

are you sure the best friend's from israel and not from here? they sound like they come from the land of the "where do you want to eat?/ oh, it's up to you." passive-aggressive people.

+++++

weekend's coming up and here comes another storm. dammit we've been having wet stormy weekends for more than a month.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I love the rain at night at least, it helps me sleep and cuts out the other noise. During the day, not so great.

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ the storms have destroyed a few trails I use and the ones that can be used the grounds are as soft as butter. aside from that, been meaning to bring the kids to the zoo and maybe go on a picnic- and worst of all I got wet walking from my car to the bar last night. :(

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

This.

I had an interview downtown today, and planned to leave 45 minutes before the appointment even though it's 30 minutes at most to get there. I dicked and diddled around too long, and got out of the house 15 minutes later than planned. I thought, Oh well, I'll just drive - it's a short drive and my "secret garage" is close to the office. Then, I back the car out of the driveway - what's that sound? Shit, flat tire. Car goes back in the driveway, and I hustle my ass to the train. I made it with a few minutes to spare, but was absolutely dripping with sweat by the time I got there. I made a quick stop in the bathroom to pat myself dry and rinse off a bit, but I hope nobody thought I was so nervous I was sweating bullets!

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Next time.

Allow another 15 minutes to deal with unforeseen situations.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

It is ridiculous, and it sucks more than I can describe. I was so angry I nearly lost my shit right there on the side of the road. I had to keep telling myself not to do something stupid. Even if it doesn't go my way, it will pass, and it's not worth causing myself more problems.

The worst part is that the cop who came to the scene all but apologized for writing me the ticket, and he essentially said "I know the other guy was probably driving agressively and trying to push traffic, but it's his word against yours, and the damage goes in his favor." The irony is that, as soon as the guy hit me, I thought "well, this is gonna be a pain, but at least it's not my fault." :fu:

I'm trying to get through to my claims adjuster now, and I'm going to court over the ticket. Basically, I'm going to fight it tooth and nail until there's nothing left I can do. I'm hopeful that I can catch a break and make someone understand that this wasn't my fault, but I'm not optimistic.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011