• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, not 30 just yet. I don't chose to listen to him, he is on the radio at work all the time.

ah I see, I thought I remembered that you said something about you having kids...

Yeah well if that's what they play where you work, that is a lot better than what they play at the place where I work. I spend most of the time listening to "our house...in the middle of the street, our house lalal" and the like. It's bad when we are not busy in the summer, but once the winter comes around you're usually dealing with customers so you kind of forget about it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ugh i get to work really early and they are renovating certain floors. Today the work is drilling and it is just above where I work. ugh

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
every now and then I get in these moods where its like everything is boring, I'm sick of everything I like to do and everyone I know and I just want to have a complete blank slate on everything. Todayis one of those days. hopefully it is just because it is gray and rainy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I woke up, guts churning, and still feel crappy. I was glued to the toilet for a good 30 minutes.

BaaBaaBlackFleece

Reaction score
our spaniel mix is loosing his fight w/ cancer.....have to make the final appt.

cancer is pissing me off :fu:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. stupid ******* telemarketers. now i have done some cold calling im my days of sales so i am sympathetic to their position. but not the ones who are either annoying as **** and who dont let you go. or the ones who cant hide the fact they are reading a script and sound like robots, jeez if youre gonna sell then sell. you arent a narrarator youre a salesperson.

2. stupid ******* baltimore city governmnet offices. i applied for a certain credit towards my property taxes. they recieved it on aug 9th, and the lady i just spoke with said its still not processed.

:fu:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1. stupid ******* telemarketers. now i have done some cold calling im my days of sales so i am sympathetic to their position. but not the ones who are either annoying as **** and who dont let you go. or the ones who cant hide the fact they are reading a script and sound like robots, jeez if youre gonna sell then sell. you arent a narrarator youre a salesperson.
2. stupid ******* baltimore city governmnet offices. i applied for a certain credit towards my property taxes. they recieved it on aug 9th, and the lady i just spoke with said its still not processed.

I used to work in a cold centre as I call them but luckily enough I was only dealing with incoming calls..

My company did try cold calls once and did stop immediately ...

I 'm always polite to them ..Firm but polite because they're just feeding their families like most of us..

I'm even polite to the Indian call centre even if i don't understand a word they're actually saying..

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is a solvable. Just say goodbye and hang up.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I underestimated just who I was dealing with. She had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The older I get the more I realize my daily quality of life becomes more and more dependent on two things:
1) How did I sleep last night?
2) How is my digestion today?
Life continues to become more focused as I age. :(

??? You're not that much older than I, Piob. Is this a recent thing?

That aside, I will guess that your diet is a good deal richer than mine, so that could contribute to matters. You're still on the no-carb business?

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How is your life so f-ed up that you haven't signed up to one of those do not call lists? I've signed myself and most family members and haven't received cold calls in years.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

??? You're not that much older than I, Piob. Is this a recent thing?
That aside, I will guess that your diet is a good deal richer than mine, so that could contribute to matters. You're still on the no-carb business?

I get far more veggies and roughage that the average Norte Americano. With the sleep thing, old men need their zzz's to do a long day without dragging, and with the belly thing, you just learn to appreciate when the body is working properly when you get older because it's not as easy to shrug things off as when you were a kid.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get far more veggies and roughage that the average Norte Americano...

While this may be true, given the pix and posts of your lavish outings I look forward to your upcoming "The Doctor Diagnosed Me with Gout" thread. ;)

In other news, my right sinus has been stuffed shut for about five weeks. Doc just called in a script for antibiotics in the thought that it is a sinus infection. Let's hope that it is.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a solvable. Just say goodbye and hang up.

i do that eventually, but first since they are being a pain ********** to me i try and return the favor. i most enjoy taking over the conversation and trying to sell them something.

How is your life so f-ed up that you haven't signed up to one of those do not call lists? I've signed myself and most family members and haven't received cold calls in years.

we did sign up, but every now and again we get a call anyways. :confused:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads