Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

These things happen. I try not to talk about these sorts of issues IRL with family and friends unless they are informed and intelligent enough not to simply run off emotion and political affiliation. I think I've posted here before that at family dinners out I used to get stuck picking up the bill, until at one dinner, I got a bunch of shit talk from a sister and her husband about the usual crap, which the rest of the table generally agreed with, so told them all if they felt that way about people with good incomes they could just split the bill amongst themselves. They were erally pissed the gravy train had ended and they had to "pay their fair share." Now I just refuse to talk about such issues with family...and still don't pay for family meals. :)

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

so i heard the funeral for my friend's mother will be saturday, now i heard it will be monday, no one is quite sure and i don't want to pry for a confirmation, if it is monday i can't go and if it is saturday i need to re-work a bunch of things.

3. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Senior member

So I'm in the gym.

Alongside the usual weights benches, we have a barbell bench which is used for bench press. The barbell itself can be requisitioned for things like deadlifts.

So I walk in and it's not so busy. There are about 4 benches free. I like doing deadlifts and bench press.

There is frequently a chode using dumbbells on the barbell bench.

What is wrong with these people.

Seriously.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Looks like a centipede. Fucking gross. That is nasty homer. :(

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

The worst part is that after shit like that happens you can't sleep in the same room for days. The slightest thing itch and you jump up screaming reaching for your nunchucks.

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Are you living in a tent or what?

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

What? I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU FROM MY TENT.

8. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

yeah I had a roach try to attack my in the living room once...lets just say that he ended up swimming

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Cockroaches can make very good pets...

I had hundreds of them in my student's room...

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Grow a pair and ask directly.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

1. I am standing in line for a long time at Starbucks, and am getting a bit nervous that I will be late for an engagement. (Full disclosure: I am nowhere near late; I am just very uptight about being on time.) The lady in front of me finally gets to the counter and it quickly becomes apparent that she has not used her time in the line to deliberate on which coffee beverage to order. Instead of saying the name of a coffee drink, she says "ahh, mmm, uhh, I'll have a, umm..." How hard is it to know which coffee beverage you want to drink? And what the hell was happening in your mind while you were standing in the line?

2. I work on a university campus, where the vast majority of people are in the physical primes of their lives. These people enjoy walking side by side, taking up the whole sidewalk. And they walk more slowly than my mother, who suffers from peripheral neuropathy and uses a walker. I swear I don't know how they maintain forward momentum; I expect them to just peter out and stop, but they don't.

These things do not actually piss me off, but they do irk me, and we don't have a thread called "Things that irk you somewhat."

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

People in Hong Kong who walk 2-3 abreast or wander around aimlessly. This is Hong Kong, go back to your farm if you want to walk slowly and enjoy your life I've got synergistic meetings and I drive a goddamn dodge stratus don't you disrespect me

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Hell people do that all over the place in the US. I had to honk at some morons (whites, not immigrants or anything) who were walking three abreast across the artery out from a parking lot near DC. Talk in your car you fools, the pavement is for cars.

14. in stitches

haha. so true. people who move with no sense of urgency when others are trying to get by. :fu:

15. in stitches

so a customer calls today to bitch about something or other. and then mid sentence she says hold on a second... i hear her say "yeah umm ill have a whopper and fries...umm actually can i change that... does this come with...." spent like 3 minutes ordering her fat ass meal while i waited. stupid bitch. and i couldnt hang up cuz she knows me by name and would just call back even more bitchy. i hate my animal customers.