Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Went through this with AT&T in my neighborhood for a whole month, and fortunately full service was restored a few days ago. Calls would drop like crazy - if you could make or receive one at all - and internet connections on my phone and iPad were nonexistent. All my neighbors had the same problem and complained to AT&T, and despite that, when I would call AT&T for the nth time, they would claim no one else had reported the problem. Our neighborhood ended up sending a signed petition to AT&T with scores of signatures and addresses of people experiencing the problem. We framed it as a safety issue, and of course it was one. I'm glad service is fine now, but I'm still pissed that it happened.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The Playboy Club is cancelled. Fuck.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Globe: IBM made a lot of sales and a lot of money early on in the personal computer business by simply planting FUD in the customers' minds. Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt.

They never directly bad-mouthed the competition, nor did they really alter their own products in response to the competition. They simply left the customers with the question: "Are you sure?"

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I did that today - I told a customer who asked me for a huge discount - "what is worth more to me, selling you my system at a loss, or having you install my competitors system and having it not work, so I can send customers to talk to you and have you complain about being sold a crappy system? because that is what's going to happen, they will not get this installation running and you will be an unhappy customer"

subtlety doens't work in my market.

it took us 50 installations to get our product right, now we are at 500. they have 2 installations with their new product, and they spend less that 5% on R&D that we do, so in the long term I'm not worried, but this will clist me an easy 1 million in sales this year, which is exactly what I need to grow to get my bonus, and represents 35K in commisions for my regional manager. so we are both going to lose money over this, unless I can make it up someplace else. the year after will be ok, but in the short term it'll fuck me.

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I hope this isn't coming as a surprise. I just think it's funny how five years after Mad Men comes on the air network executives are like "We gotta get a Mad Men-esque show on the air". Still waiting for the network to drop the inevitable hammer on Pan-Am.

In some ways I think it's amazing that IBM and in another 24-36 mos HP will no longer make PC of any kind.

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Just discovered that my ancestry is primarily Scottish and not Irish as Ive always been led to believe. Life ceases to have meaning. :(

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You can still drink yourself to death and hate the English

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    NBC cancelled my friend Laura's show before it had a chance to win over fans. Now I have to see if I can get my hands on the unaired shows they plan to lock away

10. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

What show? Playboy Club? If so, that show was bad.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

wtf?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  12. CouttsClient

Yes. The Playboy Club. I enjoyed the last episode but it needed to be on HBO to really work. I would like to see what could be done with it on a network like HBO with say...Tom Ford directing 8 episodes per season

The problem with film/tv is the amount of things that can go wrong. All of the elements can be there but the editing or any number of things can just give the show the wrong feel.

Anyway. Pisses me off

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  13. CouttsClient

What???

And I HATE this statement: "Thanks for your understanding". So damn condescending

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'm sorry but getting wtfpwned by someone named Etan is fucking hilarious.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

resume and cover letter ishesume and cover letter ish