1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My panties are still in a bunch over the weather.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I like thongs. :)

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks man. i was considering winking and telling them in yiddish as i walked out the door "you should know i speak a little yiddish myself"

but alas i didnt :(

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

in stiches, that sucks.

I hate to complain about MOTs, but I used to have a boss who was orthodox, and also the nephew of the chairman, and he used to have me do shit like that. not that bad, but still favors for his family. fucker. hope it gets better

(by the way, once I took him to a resteraunt in Germany, and he was really looking at my pork shnitzel with a lustful eye. so I left the table and said "I am going to the bathroom, and should be several minutes, and I have no idea how much food is on my plate, and so I will have no idea if anybody were to take a bite while I was gone")

5. globetrotter

my mother fell asleep in the toilet today. I came back from my run, and was going to hit the shower, and see her walker outside the door. so I wait a while. after about 15 minutes I knock and then pound on the door, I figured that she was dead on the floor.

6. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

Friggin' ungrateful assholes. Sorry to hear that dude. Are you going to be driving them back to Dulles after the visit?

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Wow. That is scary. Glad she is ok.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

GT, time to get her in and assessed by a professional. From what you have posted here the last few days she should not be living alone. She will get mad at you, yell at you...but I think you'll find she needs placement at an assisted living facility. There are many very fine Jewish ones and she might feel more comfortable at one of those vs. a general population one. You never know though.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you need to first assess what she was doing in the toilet in the first place.

10. globetrotter

thanks. at the risk of sounding like a true asshole, the best thing for her would be to have a reasonably nice visit with her grandkids and then have a quick and painless death. she has very very little quality of life, and I think that she has pretty much given up. she had stopped smoking for a couple of years and took it up again, and she really can't do very much in terms of her mobility. her mother was dead when she was 10 years younger than her, her father died 4 years older than she is. I want her to have as comfortable a time as possible for her remaining life, but I am not sure that she really wants to prolong it, and I am not sure that I would disagree with her.

one of the issues with a "proffetional" is that she lives in Canada. that means that every time she sees a doctor it is a different doctor, so they can't get a grip on her memory loss and her deterioration. so, I am not sure what to do. she lives in an assisted care place, which is good for her.

she's had a really bad year - bedbugs, a really bad infection thta she got in the hospital for carpal tunnel surgery, and other things. its a bitch getting old.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Wow, that does suck.

Many people would be aghast at what you just said, but as someone that regularly talks with patients of all ages dealing with decline, death, etc., I can tell you it is not misplaced. Western medicine puts a premium on putting off death but still does not deal well with quality of life issues. It's improved greatly but still have a very long way to go. Also, so many families selfishly push people into treatments vs. letting nature take its course. That is the #1 thing I hate the most to see. People are so eff'ing selfish and would often rather have a loved one continue to live, in complete misery, vs. a peaceful death. Those are also the families that tend to sue.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

i have 130 essays to grade. and i started reading them and holy shit :( this is a 300 level class, you had a review sheet posted for a month with all the possible questions... KLSghasklg

13. globetrotter

+1. exactly. my mother is stil getting a little pleasure out of life, but very little, and she is in a lot of pain. the worst thing would be for her to be on a ventalator or oxygen for a few years in bed, at the mercy of staff to roll her to prevent bedsores.

anyway, that is my situation. sucks, but all I can do is the best I can do for her.

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Piob, this is something I've always wondered about: do you see a lot of people diagnosed with terminal illnesses (let's say cancer) refuse treatment? Situations where someone is told they have a year left to live, they can start chemo/radiation, blah blah...or they can refuse treatment. Is it at all common?

I often wonder to myself what I would do in that situation.

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

GT, i dont really know what to say other than im sorry to hear of the state your mother is in and the strain and possibly fear that must put on you. i wish you both the best. and a happy sweet new year.

@ mr. orange - i hope i dont have to drive those misserable fucks anywhere again.