• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you're a saint. I would've told them to *************** in yiddish so they realize how marsupialed they are.

thanks man. i was considering winking and telling them in yiddish as i walked out the door "you should know i speak a little yiddish myself"

but alas i didnt :(

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in stiches, that sucks.

I hate to complain about MOTs, but I used to have a boss who was orthodox, and also the nephew of the chairman, and he used to have me do **** like that. not that bad, but still favors for his family. ******. hope it gets better

(by the way, once I took him to a resteraunt in Germany, and he was really looking at my pork shnitzel with a lustful eye. so I left the table and said "I am going to the bathroom, and should be several minutes, and I have no idea how much food is on my plate, and so I will have no idea if anybody were to take a bite while I was gone")

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my mother fell asleep in the toilet today. I came back from my run, and was going to hit the shower, and see her walker outside the door. so I wait a while. after about 15 minutes I knock and then pound on the door, I figured that she was dead on the floor.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not at present, but i did work in a pawn shop for 3 years when i first started working. place was not to far from where i work now. good stories from that place mang.

thanks broheim and yes it is. here is the longer version of how the events transpired

at 1:30 my boss calls me to swap trucks (his is nicer and cleaner than the one i use) and head to the airport to pick up his in laws. i get to dulles at about 3 and call my boss to ask if his in laws have a cell phone, he says no and i should find paper and pen somewhere in the airport and make a sign with the guys name and stand with the limo drivers. so i ask every little airport shop until one of them gives me pen and paper. sign made i go and wait feeling like a total douche. 15 min..30 min.. 45.. nothing.

at about 3:55 i get a call from bosses wife. who seems to be nice, go figure. she says her parents called, on a pay phone i guess, and have been waiting for a little while. she describes them and what they are wearing. i scour the crowd and find her dad. i lean in and say in the nicest voice possible, hi are you mr.... and he says, what took you so long ive been waiting an hour!! oookkkkay nice to meet you too assfucker. so he goes to get his wife and i know this is gonna be a ****** ride back.

we walk to the car, me lugging the suitcases and them lagging behind. now they are european and were speaking mostly yiddish and maybe a little french. they apparently didnt realize i understand yiddish as they began complaining about why it took me so long to find them and they specifically wanted to arrive at 3 not 4 to avoid traffic. like its my fault i couldnt find two old european douche bags i never met before in a crowded international airport and who didnt have a cell phone. its so nice when favors are appreciated.

we get in the car and of course the traffic is terrible. i have never been to dulles before and i was using my phone as a gps. every time the nav lady gave me turn by turn prompts i hear mr. euro douche complain about my phone, im thinking yo assmunch, if not for my phone we have no way home. anyhow, he is mumbling on about stupid american highways and cell phones and she is mumbling about american houses she sees on the side of the road and how dumd they are. blah blah blah. every now and again they stop mumbling and notice a nice car. ooh a porche she squeals, oooh a bmw he grunts. then more complaining.

at first the traffic was a nuisance to me, but as i realized how much it was bothering my passengers i kinda began to revel in it. every time a came around a bend to be met with gridlock i smiled to myself. after about 2hrs 15min of non stop grumbling and bitching we arrive at my bosses house. i hop out of the car open my door, and they are just sitting there. now mind you they do speak fine english as evidenced by the first words he uttered to me in the airport and a few questions he asked in the car. so i say nice and loud, OK THE DOORS ARE UNLOCKED. nothing. they are just sitting there. and then it hits me, they are waiting for me to open it for them. so i walk around the car open the doors and they exit. i grab their **** and bring it in the house and into the basement. mr. douche doesnt say thank you at any point at all during the trip. the wife did give a quick thanks as i was out the door.

******* assholes. ride from hell, but makes a good story.

Friggin' ungrateful assholes. Sorry to hear that dude. Are you going to be driving them back to Dulles after the visit?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my mother fell asleep in the toilet today. I came back from my run, and was going to hit the shower, and see her walker outside the door. so I wait a while. after about 15 minutes I knock and then pound on the door, I figured that she was dead on the floor.

Wow. That is scary. Glad she is ok.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

GT, time to get her in and assessed by a professional. From what you have posted here the last few days she should not be living alone. She will get mad at you, yell at you...but I think you'll find she needs placement at an assisted living facility. There are many very fine Jewish ones and she might feel more comfortable at one of those vs. a general population one. You never know though.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think you need to first assess what she was doing in the toilet in the first place.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GT, time to get her in and assessed by a professional. From what you have posted here the last few days she should not be living alone. She will get mad at you, yell at you...but I think you'll find she needs placement at an assisted living facility. There are many very fine Jewish ones and she might feel more comfortable at one of those vs. a general population one. You never know though.

thanks. at the risk of sounding like a true asshole, the best thing for her would be to have a reasonably nice visit with her grandkids and then have a quick and painless death. she has very very little quality of life, and I think that she has pretty much given up. she had stopped smoking for a couple of years and took it up again, and she really can't do very much in terms of her mobility. her mother was dead when she was 10 years younger than her, her father died 4 years older than she is. I want her to have as comfortable a time as possible for her remaining life, but I am not sure that she really wants to prolong it, and I am not sure that I would disagree with her.

one of the issues with a "proffetional" is that she lives in Canada. that means that every time she sees a doctor it is a different doctor, so they can't get a grip on her memory loss and her deterioration. so, I am not sure what to do. she lives in an assisted care place, which is good for her.

she's had a really bad year - bedbugs, a really bad infection thta she got in the hospital for carpal tunnel surgery, and other things. its a ***** getting old.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wow, that does suck.

Many people would be aghast at what you just said, but as someone that regularly talks with patients of all ages dealing with decline, death, etc., I can tell you it is not misplaced. Western medicine puts a premium on putting off death but still does not deal well with quality of life issues. It's improved greatly but still have a very long way to go. Also, so many families selfishly push people into treatments vs. letting nature take its course. That is the #1 thing I hate the most to see. People are so eff'ing selfish and would often rather have a loved one continue to live, in complete misery, vs. a peaceful death. Those are also the families that tend to sue.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i have 130 essays to grade. and i started reading them and holy **** :( this is a 300 level class, you had a review sheet posted for a month with all the possible questions... KLSghasklg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, that does suck.

Many people would be aghast at what you just said, but as someone that regularly talks with patients of all ages dealing with decline, death, etc., I can tell you it is not misplaced. Western medicine puts a premium on putting off death but still does not deal well with quality of life issues. It's improved greatly but still have a very long way to go. Also, so many families selfishly push people into treatments vs. letting nature take its course. That is the #1 thing I hate the most to see. People are so eff'ing selfish and would often rather have a loved one continue to live, in complete misery, vs. a peaceful death. Those are also the families that tend to sue.

+1. exactly. my mother is stil getting a little pleasure out of life, but very little, and she is in a lot of pain. the worst thing would be for her to be on a ventalator or oxygen for a few years in bed, at the mercy of staff to roll her to prevent bedsores.

anyway, that is my situation. sucks, but all I can do is the best I can do for her.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, that does suck.

Piob, this is something I've always wondered about: do you see a lot of people diagnosed with terminal illnesses (let's say cancer) refuse treatment? Situations where someone is told they have a year left to live, they can start chemo/radiation, blah blah...or they can refuse treatment. Is it at all common?

I often wonder to myself what I would do in that situation.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GT, i dont really know what to say other than im sorry to hear of the state your mother is in and the strain and possibly fear that must put on you. i wish you both the best. and a happy sweet new year.

@ mr. orange - i hope i dont have to drive those misserable ***** anywhere again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads