Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I have a ticket to see Bill Clinton speak at tomorrow's NYS econ. development conference. But it's during the workday and I really don't want to burn up the vacation hours.

I could just watch the webcast I guess. But it would be cool to see him in da flesh.

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

I hate this. It used to drive me nuts when I lived in Florida. I've seen it elsewhere, but it does seem to be much more common down there. If you're so nervous about driving in the rain that you feel you need your hazards, just pull over until the rain stops. It's Florida, for cryin' out loud, it'll be sunny in 10 minutes, anyway.

Nothing like a bunch of privileged, affluent kids with too much time on their hands protesting a bunch of privileged, affluent adults who are earning the money that will allow their children to become privileged, affluent kids with too much time on their hands.

Conditioning walks? Do you bring your Ensure along, or is that your reward at the end?

Seriously, though, I hope you're feeling better, Gramps.

Sorry to hear this, Globe. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch a parent's health deteriorate.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You'll find out, you young whipper-snapper. When you get to be my age you can't just go on a 8+ mile hike, up and down a mountain side repeatedly, without some conditioning before hand and not expect a heart attack!

Now get off my lawn!

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

my job today was to spend 5 hours in a car picking up from the airport and delivering my asshole bosses asshole in-laws to his house. what a miserable car ride. its a rather long and kind of funny story, maybe ill write it out later.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

:fu: stressed out. So much to do; so little time to do it.

7. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

No - I am just sick of over-privileged 20-something women in "creative" industries who add no value to anything and take up space. The only thing worse than junior marketing / biz-dev ladies is the 10,000 girls going to Kenyon or Sarah Lawrence or whatever looking to become that lady.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

An update to that bug problem - it seems that I've been incubating the little fuckers. I was keeping a big box full of packing peanuts and bubble wrap. I took it out tonight because I was going to use the peanuts to fill up a box. The WHOLE THING was swarming with the little fuckers. I had to throw the whole thing out, then throw out every other box in my closet because they might have been harboring these little fuckers. Now I still feel itchy and like the little fucks are crawling around my room. I feel itchy.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

What exactly are you doing?

Are you laundering money in a beat-up shop for some maffia boss?

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

This post makes my skin feel itchy.

11. in stitches

no, but that sounds fun.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

What are you doing?

Pawnbroker?

13. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Stitch, I'm sorry to hear that bro. That's bullshit.

14. in stitches

not at present, but i did work in a pawn shop for 3 years when i first started working. place was not to far from where i work now. good stories from that place mang.

thanks broheim and yes it is. here is the longer version of how the events transpired

at 1:30 my boss calls me to swap trucks (his is nicer and cleaner than the one i use) and head to the airport to pick up his in laws. i get to dulles at about 3 and call my boss to ask if his in laws have a cell phone, he says no and i should find paper and pen somewhere in the airport and make a sign with the guys name and stand with the limo drivers. so i ask every little airport shop until one of them gives me pen and paper. sign made i go and wait feeling like a total douche. 15 min..30 min.. 45.. nothing.

at about 3:55 i get a call from bosses wife. who seems to be nice, go figure. she says her parents called, on a pay phone i guess, and have been waiting for a little while. she describes them and what they are wearing. i scour the crowd and find her dad. i lean in and say in the nicest voice possible, hi are you mr.... and he says, what took you so long ive been waiting an hour!! oookkkkay nice to meet you too assfucker. so he goes to get his wife and i know this is gonna be a shitty ride back.

we walk to the car, me lugging the suitcases and them lagging behind. now they are european and were speaking mostly yiddish and maybe a little french. they apparently didnt realize i understand yiddish as they began complaining about why it took me so long to find them and they specifically wanted to arrive at 3 not 4 to avoid traffic. like its my fault i couldnt find two old european douche bags i never met before in a crowded international airport and who didnt have a cell phone. its so nice when favors are appreciated.

we get in the car and of course the traffic is terrible. i have never been to dulles before and i was using my phone as a gps. every time the nav lady gave me turn by turn prompts i hear mr. euro douche complain about my phone, im thinking yo assmunch, if not for my phone we have no way home. anyhow, he is mumbling on about stupid american highways and cell phones and she is mumbling about american houses she sees on the side of the road and how dumd they are. blah blah blah. every now and again they stop mumbling and notice a nice car. ooh a porche she squeals, oooh a bmw he grunts. then more complaining.

at first the traffic was a nuisance to me, but as i realized how much it was bothering my passengers i kinda began to revel in it. every time a came around a bend to be met with gridlock i smiled to myself. after about 2hrs 15min of non stop grumbling and bitching we arrive at my bosses house. i hop out of the car open my door, and they are just sitting there. now mind you they do speak fine english as evidenced by the first words he uttered to me in the airport and a few questions he asked in the car. so i say nice and loud, OK THE DOORS ARE UNLOCKED. nothing. they are just sitting there. and then it hits me, they are waiting for me to open it for them. so i walk around the car open the doors and they exit. i grab their shit and bring it in the house and into the basement. mr. douche doesnt say thank you at any point at all during the trip. the wife did give a quick thanks as i was out the door.

fucking assholes. ride from hell, but makes a good story.

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

you're a saint. I would've told them to fuck themselves in yiddish so they realize how retarded they are.