Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i dont think i have ever gone to the DMV and not comtemplated suicide at some point while being there.

+1. very disconcerting

bummer dudes, i think i am also coming down with something. no fun at all.

2. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Hipster friends on facebook constantly posting updates about their stupid "Occupy Wall Street" protest. Walking around with a bunch of stinky people and chanting lame slogans isn't the same thing as what happened in Tahrir Square. Take a bath.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I got my first ticket (after 16 years of driving) yesterday. I know I haven't been perfect, I've talked my out of some totally ticket-able offenses in the past, but this time I was caught red handed...

It was on the 87 on our way to Montreal... I was wondering why I saw at least 20 cars pulled over the 200mile stretch in NY going to the CA boarder...I figured it was just speeders.

then I fell victim to their "set up" : they pull over someone then have a huge police SUV sit right behind the regular cop car... blocking the view of the smaller copcar and pulled over car (about 10-15ft ahead) the bigger Police SUV waits for someone to forget to pull over to the other lane (a newer rule implemented in January just this year in NY State).

I was actually curious to see what happened (maybe it was an accident and someone needed help) ahead and only pulled halfway out into the next lane and looked over when the Police SUV pulled out, flashed the police lights, and pulled me over.

when she pulled over, another smaller police car pulled ahead of her and started the whole process over again (with her blocking the view and waiting for someone to forget to pull into the other lane).

the traffic cops were actually impressed with my "impeccable record"... and then didn't give me the full penalty... (which actually would've been 3pts and $150 :fu:)... they booked me with a "partially obstructed rear license plate" instead... I almost got off too... (i was totally honest and said that I was a doctor and concerned to see if there was an accident)... but they were obviously in money making quota mode... and in honestly I got off pretty good with just the obstructed plate offense.

ah well... my first ticket (even parking or anything ever)...

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

oh yeah... I was so fucking stupid yesterday and walked around montreal with my boston bruins tshirt.... from 8pm-1am with my wife... who was in a redsox tshirt...

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Still have flu symptoms (headache, muscle ache, some nausea) but I need to get some things done today. What's pissing me off was we had planned to up our conditioning walks this weekend as we're trying to get into good hiking shape. No walks this weekend :(

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Have gall bladder problems...

Not nice especially when you would kill for a bit of Saint Nectaire.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

At work all day on a sunday with no computer internet, phone only.

Spent 90 on the phone with moron girl at verizon only to tell me there is an outage in my area, which btw was the first thing I asked her when we got started

Fucking idiots :fu:

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Are they that shit?

9. Piobaire

I could be wrong but I think what he's saying is he just realized they were wearing a neon sign that said, "HELLO! WE'RE AMERICANS!"

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

People love Americans all over the world..

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Yeah I feel your pain, I had one rep tell me that my phone was out of warranty when I had just gotten it a month ago.

Posted via Tapatalk

12. Piobaire

Whatever gets you through the night...

13. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Great weekend just went all shittylike.

I invited rich girl to go see Rain with me in Austin, but she ditched last minute. Instead I invited my best lady friend (don't feel like taking the unicorn home to the family because she's making things way too serious as is). While best lady friend and I are seeing rain with my family, unicorn is at a party hosted by BLF's boyfriend. This is totally cool- happens all the time. However, seeing as I wasn't there, my ex was there. Ex didn't know that unicorn and I were fucking/kinda-sorta-ish-together (I got cornered in to dating her kind of). Best dude friend decides to be a drunk drama instigator and tell her not only that we're fucking, but that the sex is great, and then something about how it's not serious yet, but it's about to be super serious and I'm incredibly in to her. She's crushed, calls my mom crying this morning, and is hurting badly right now (we aren't talking for those who are planning on telling me not to talk to her. we aren't even using 3rd party message relaying). Unicorn is upset because she is probably single sweetest girl in the world and hates that she was part of this.

Things then get even better. We get back to BLF's house and find him in bed with unicorn. He's in these freaking awesome tighty whities and unicorn is fully clothed in sweats and oversized t shirt. No suprise, because everyone loses clothes at drenga nights. BLF's boyfriend pops up as we walk in, says "just cuddling" and I figure everything is cool. Everything should be totally cool- BLF and I passed out spooned up together last night too. Unfortunately, BLF (who is the single least jealous person I know) managed to get jealous of unicorn after she and BLF's BF bonded over Dr. Who. She pulled unicorn aside, asked her if they did anything, and then took off a few minutes later. Unicorn and I leave after having a few breakfast beers, head back to her place, and I get a text from BLF's BF asking if something was wrong, because she won't text him back or pick up. As it turns out, BLF was once cheated on by a guy in the exact same situation who explained the situation to her word for word (just cuddling) when she walked in to surprise him. Now I get to deal with comforting BLF's BF and mellowing out BLF.

:slayer:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I am never watching the Vikings ever again. Sons, I am disappoint.

15. Piobaire

This makes me so happy with my sedate life. I hate drama and sorry to hear you have so much of it.