Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Whats pissing me off? People who do those auto-subscribe groups on facebook without asking permission. (where you're tagged in all the photos and get emails with EVERY SINGLE NEW INANE POST). I only really check my email(s) every 3-5days so by the time I load my computer's mail application its flooded with email from every post from stupid unwanted facebook group subscriptions. Some groups are actually interesting and I'm active in them, but sometimes its just people selling stuff or worse: their personal twitter/blog type of things (I can't just turn off auto-subscriptions because some new group might be useful/interesting).

I have a friend whom recently totally deleted his facebook account. I guess to totally delete your account you have to delete all your friends one by one, not just de-activate the account (because if you just de-activate it you still can be tagged in photos and subscribed to groups.. you're not really totally away/gone). I also gather that it can be an exhaustive process if you have a lot (maybe hundreds even thousands?) of friends. - I'm actually considering doing this... it just might not be worth it to have a facebook account anymore...

If i get another auto-subscription from some super distant pseudo acquaintance's "leadership musings" when I know he's a fucking moron I'll deactivate my account... then I'll totally erase my fucking account.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

gasp...youre going........off the grid! :eek:

but yeah. when my phone bleeps and its one of those shit emails i must use all my self control not to smash my phone. :cloud:

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

thats it... I'm deactivating my FB account... I was just tagged in a good friends wedding album... every fucking picture... all 300 pictures she uploaded for the world to see... I was not even at the wedding... i'm happy for her, but damn a couple of nice shots will suffice... just post the one with everyone on the beach and barefoot and happy... not every single picture on the SD card.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

my folks are the most immature, dysfunctional, miserable and emotionally crippled couple in history. honestly its a surprise me and my siblings are for the most part decent and well-adjusted adults. but they're like the magnet of everything negative in the world, and no amount of their personal success, or the success and happiness of their kids and grandchildren, or the realization that life is fucking good and sweet enough can negate the immense black hole of misery that is their lives.

5. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

^ Sorry AB.

Damn, I just came here to bitch about how early it is. Oh yeah, and how I'm operating on something like 4 hrs of sleep. I can already feel I'm going to loathe this day.

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

cross-post from "Why your job sucks":

I should start a new "My boss is the female Michael Scott" thread.

So our PR head's last day was Friday. Thursday, President tells PR head to remove some files from the shared server. PR head does it- but he doesn't delete them, he moved them somewhere else just in case they were still needed. Friday Morning, President's assistant (also a woman, the two breathe through the same nose, to use a Cantonese expression) comes into the office to yell at PR head for deleting the file. After being yelled at for 15 minutes, PR head explains he was told to remove them by the President. Admin head seconds this as he also heard the president order this. President's assistant dials the president long distance as she is out of the country ATM to ask her if she really did ask for the files to be removed President suddenly "can't remember" what she had said the day before. President's assistant hangs up and keeps yelling at PR head. Later in the evening, the President asks Admin head to write up a declaration for the PR head to sign stating that he wasn't asked to remove the files from the server. PR head refuses, as it's his last day and tells the president to shove it. President refuses to let it go and keeps the admin head in the office until 8:30PM on Friday trying to get him to take action against the now gone PR head. Keep in mind that the files were backed up anyway and they could have just been moved back without any ado but instead they decide to waste everyone's time and resources dealing with personally motivated bullshit.

These two witches are going to be the death of the whole place.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I have 10 days left till the end of my fiscal year, and have to scrape up a million bucks. I actually have the orders in hand for that, but I was planning on putting them in for next year. the trouble is, if I put in an order that I was saving for next year for 1.3 million, then I am over what I want to be, and if then I get the extra orders I need, that people have promised to put in, then I am really screwed for next year. on the other hand, if I don't put the order in, and the orders don't come in, I won't get my bonus for this year. so I am under a great deal of stress this week. my bonus is 20-25% of my total annual income, I need to get it.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sheesh. Good luck with that Z. How long can you wait to see if everything filters in?

9. globetrotter

it's a problem - I have till next sunday to put in any orders to get counted for this year. there are a few orders that my distributors are holding, and planned to put in in 2 weeks. if they put them in , they need a few days to do the paper work internally, so if I wait much longer they might not be able to get them in. so I had said I'd decide last night, then changed to this morning, now I told my regional managers that I will make a decision tonight.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Two in the bush, one in the hand, GT. Who knows what next year brings? Do not put this year's bonus in peril.

11. globetrotter

that is for sure, Pio. it's a little complicated - everything I do is on growth, so what I dont' want is to be up 10% over what I get paid for this year, and then have that as my starting point for next year, so I am trying to balance that. but, as you can imagine, it is stressful.

next years growth is going to be piss poor. I have grown 900% in 4 years. my whole plan was based on 2 additional headcounts above what I have now, plus a new product and a reduction in pricing on one of the product lines, none of which I got. so next year will be a real bitch.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

You have some strangely aggressive friends. FWIW, I have notifications turned off for all my FB group memberships so I don't hear of anything I'm not personally involved in.

I will say that I wound up with a bunch of mail from a very aggressive blogger in my FB group, but that kinda went away once I de-friended her. For a moment I worried about her feelings but then decided that mine were more important.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I will say that I wound up with a bunch of mail from a very aggressive blogger in my FB group, but that kinda went away once I de-friended her. For a moment I worried about her feelings but then decided that mine were more important.[/quote]

Insane friends can be entertaining sometimes...

Aggressive people are just a no no...

We have to face enough wankers during our working days to be annoyed on line..

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

+1,000

I would love to describe how much I hate that company, but I'm pretty sure there are not enough profane words in the English language for me to do so effectively.

YES. It's disgusting. If you want to destroy your own body, go right ahead, but don't teach your children that it's OK to weigh a metric ton and eat garbage for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Two in the bush, one in the hand,

That's the definition of gangbang.