Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

freaking cant read the girl I am trying to talk to :plain:

2. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

"are you sure your texting the right person? I think you meant to text that girl"

Thats what my best friend just replied to me...I knew it was a bad idea to tell her about that girl. :plain:

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Sorry, don't have anything to be pssed off about.

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

^truthers?

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Toxic Management. Three people have left our company (a small school, only about 12 people work in our office, including teachers) in the last couple months, mostly due to overbearing micromanagement of the administrative staff by our president. Luckily the teaching faculty are left to do their work how they please, and hopefully it will stay that way until the end of my contract, but it doesn't make a nice work environment when all the admin staff are miserable.

example: our marketing executive turned in his notice a couple weeks back. The president has been ignoring his phone calls and avoiding him since then. His last day is this Friday, but he took one day off (a day he was owed) today, a move that was approved by our head of administration. She calls him (admin head) this morning and yells at him for 5 minuets about how dare he approve his leave when his last day was Friday. He explained that it was his legal right but she didn't care. I am now 1 for 5 in working with capable female managers. :/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

^^ that sucks ^^

shitty work environment is the pits. :(

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Just just sent out a work email saying she's talking tomorrow and Friday off, then wishing the two quitting coworkers success in their endeavours. Interesting, I hope she's taking some time off to better her managerial skills.

8. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

Myself. I'm on academic probation. I wasted 3 years of college and thousands of dollars of my father's money. I'm having quite the wake up call. Now I'm a year behind all of my peers. All I've done my adult life thus far (I'm 21) is try every drug imaginable except heroin and meth. I'm getting my shit together now. No more drugs, partying only for close friends' birthdays, maintaining my health, and hitting the fucking books. But fuck is this one expensive bachelor's degree. I can barely look anyone in the eye right now I'm so ashamed/embarassed.

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Have you met Fuji?

10. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

He's younger than me, no? It's more acceptable when you're 18 and a freshman, rather than 21 and a 4th year junior

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011

11. 1969

1969 Senior member

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

While I do have sympathy for your position, alot of us myself included have done some serious partying in our lives, it's not that hard to finish even the toughest bachelors degrees. Just do the work. You can still have a drink or a smoke or whatever on weekends but weekdays go to class, do the readings, cram a little bit before exams and read the requirements on any essays or assignments straight away so you know how much time you will need to work on them. < and that's how to get As and Bs if you just want to pass the courses do less but still do the work. Before you know it you'll graduate and that's when the pain really begins.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

inlist. spend a few years in Afganastan, it will man you up a bit.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

True story: When I entered college I wound up with a group that had a junior-year student who could buy alcohol. When I graduated four years later, said friend was still a junior, but he graduated a year or so later.

15. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Man I feel your pain, been there done that a few places in Asia multiple schools. I'm outa that game now have been for years and I highly recommend you do the same whatever it takes, if you like teaching then get an advanced degree and start working at a respectable uni or get in with a multinational teaching the executives, some place where you can work with pros not fuckn monkeys.