Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Today - went to pickup new eye glasses (after being fed crap for the last two weeks re: delays) , only to find out that they have lost them.
    Expensive Lindberg Frames, that I purchased in Hong Kong. Fuk!
    Driving on the Hwy this afternoon when my Car suddenly starts to slow - 'Engine Malfunction! Reduced Power'. I crawled into BMW & left it with them. FUK!

2. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

that can't be good.

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

Hope its under warranty!

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'd bank/invest 50MM and self-fund the MMORPG of my dreams with the rest!

5. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

+1 But doubt you'd get very far with that mmo (unless you maybe plan on being the only player by not marketing it at all). iirc, Star Wars: ToR initial costs were $100 mill+ and it's not even out, can't imagine what the price tag on it is now...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

How does that even work? They send you a normal sized check every 2 weeks or what?

Ramboner, I contested the ticket and got out of it :slayer:

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Told you you could do it. Good man!

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'm such an idiot. Can't believe i planned a flight on sept 11. MIA is gonna be a fucking bitch to get through. :brick:

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

TSA was conducting additional random screening at the gate when I flew two weeks ago. I was one of the unlucky ones, and they searched the contents of both my bags, thoroughly. That was two weeks ago, it's sure to be worse this weekend. Glad I'm not flying again for another week.

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

today was a thorougly terrible day. i finally had a sit down with my bosses and they are basically blackmailing me to work sundays with my salary, which is shitty enough as it is.

i really need a new job. and yes i am proactively working on it. fuck my life.

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

You can request a lump sum. After taxes and the discount they apply for taking the lump sum you basically get $.30 on the dollar. That said, the PV is still better than if you take the full amount in installments over 20 years.

Glad to hear you got out that ticket. Let's hope the same goes for OTC (he got one too recently, IIRC).

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

a week ago I dropped a 35 poound plate on my foot at the gym. I didn't think that it was so bad, honestly, when it happened I thought that I had been able to move my foot enough so taht it just glanced my foot. when I got my shoe off later I saw that it had landed pretty solidly, but I was still hopeful. a week later, it hurts more than it did the first day, I think that I am facing a few months before it wil be completly fixed. those fucking little bones in the middle of the foot are bitches

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

No kidding, just ask Bill Walton.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

My new employer owns 3 wolves, which he has somehow managed to domesticate and keeps in his small house in a kind of nice part of Cambridge, which he occasionally brings to a field and lets them hunt animals, which he then brings home and cooks for himself. He also eats road kill because he thinks that all the germs are inside the skin and after you skin it, its perfectly safe to eat. He picked up a dead rat outside Sainsburys and put it in his bag. I don't know if this should be in the things that are pissing me off or the things that are making me happy thread because he seems pretty easy going.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

you can't domesticate wolves. it's been tried by people that have raised them from the time they were born. Are you sure they're actually wolves and not some breed of husky or crossbreed that just looks like a wolf? If they're actually wolves, it will end badly if they ever get too hungry...

Dude sounds really weird though... what do you do?