Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

So use loans and then when you get your trust pay off the loans with it.

2. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Thanks for sympathy, yall.

OTC, that fucking sucks. I hope you heal quickly.

Stitch, glad to hear that it turned out okay.

3. Jsoftz

Jsoftz Senior member

Things that are pissing me off right now:

People who post shit on B&S and when you PM them minutes later to buy the damn thing, they don't respond and it's been 3 days now. WTF??

Sorry. /vent.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

people still buy/sell shit on SF?

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

get my A levels in an hour and 20 minutes. Feel like im gonna be sick.

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

A levels?

You will be fine..

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

UCAS is shit, I've been trying to log on for 2 hours to get mu grades and it won't let me.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Missed my uni offer by half a UMS mark, now I have to take a forced gap year and retake. This is shit, I don't know what to do.

9. ysc

ysc Senior member

Commiserations. I am sure it feels terrible, I remember feeling terrible and having no idea what to do with myself when I didn't get the marks I wanted at IB (did it instead of A levels). I felt literally sick to my stomach and that my failure to get the grades I wanted cut off all my options. It has made no real different it turns out, I still managed to go to the number two Universities in the UK for my subject area.

Do you have a contact at the uni you want to go to? If so call them and see if they will still let you in even though you missed you offer. If not it still might be worth calling their admissions department and checking if they will still let you in. Universities, even the top ones, do let people in who have missed their offer. I know people that got into their first choices after missing their offers (although it was a few years ago now). You could look into clearing, although I could understand not wanting to do that.

Taking a gap year will not be the end of the world. You don't have to go and 'find yourself' in Thailand if you don't want to. My gap year provided pretty valuable experience which helped me narrow down the careers I was thinking about and helped me secure places on a masters and internships I was interested in. You might have to re-take on your gap year, but you might be able to reapply using your existing grades - a post-qualification application. That way there is no doubt about making your grades and if you are doing something course relevant or generally worth while on your gap year universities might be inclined to accept slightly lower grades.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

think I pulled a back muscle. dammit can't even slouch without hurting.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

On the way to the airport, going back to fucking baltimore the shithole :cloud: :censored:

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ plan and book the next vacation!

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

This is a good idea

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

In my gap year ill probably be working at waitrose so not really anything related to maths. I emailed a guy at the admissions department because I had extenuating circumstances, but he hasn't replied and I didn't want to call, I probably should have. I'm not doing clearing, I'm applying as a foreign citizen so its $50000 a year so its not really worth going to demontford or something when I could just reapply this year and try get back into LSE. I don't know if anyone will take me with A singe maths, B further maths, B chemistry though.

15. sonick

sonick Senior member

FUCK. Just got word the great new apartment my roommate and I signed a lease on a few days ago through a realtor, the owners now decided they want to move into it themselves.

We now have to start a dispute claim against them in hopes of trying to get some compensation. Going through with the lease and tenancy would just be awkward for all parties. There are other units available in the building but with a much shittier floorplan or on a lower floor with poorer view.

FUCK.