Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Add to that, those damned dollar coins. I can't stand those things, I get them confused with quarters if I happen to have them.

Also, homework. Too much of it, but I guess at least I don't have work today so I can get it done.

JB

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

+1. I've had this happen a couple of times over the past few years.
    I would always be the one arranging things - and whenever we met up for a drink or for dinner, two of my friends would always say that they had a great time and that it was a great idea - and then neither of them would do anything. So I stopped doing anything, either, and I haven't seen them since.

What truly pisses me off is when this happens and then they get mad at you for not keeping in touch. What? I used to fly back to the west coast to visit for the holidays and friends would always want to get together but would require that I drive for hours to do so. I make all the phone calls. I arrange the plans. And you want me to drive the 2 hours round trip? I don't think so. When you can put out the effort for me, we'll see each other.

I actually have an old friend (known since the mid 80s) who has not talked to me in more than a decade because I cancelled plans for dinner when I decided I just really didn't want to make that late night dirve the night before I had to get on a plane to come back east. She just never got it.

b

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

What truly pisses me off is when this happens and then they get mad at you for not keeping in touch. What? I used to fly back to the west coast to visit for the holidays and friends would always want to get together but would require that I drive for hours to do so. I make all the phone calls. I arrange the plans. And you want me to drive the 2 hours round trip? I don't think so. When you can put out the effort for me, we'll see each other.

I actually have an old friend (known since the mid 80s) who has not talked to me in more than a decade because I cancelled plans for dinner when I decided I just really didn't want to make that late night dirve the night before I had to get on a plane to come back east. She just never got it.

b

+1 again.
    One of the friends that I mentioned earlier was very upset with me, as I had agreed to come to a barbeque at his place and had earlier RSVPed that I would come. However, on the day of the BBQ, I called him again to advise that I couldn't come as my son had a terrible ear infection. He's never invited me over to his place again. Perhaps needless to day, he doesn't have kids...

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I got invited to the dress rehearsal for Joshua Bell today but I'm stuck at work. I basically get to see him play for free (tickets are going for about $175 a pop).

Also I'm starting to get a cold...I must, must stop it.

Jon.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I got invited to the dress rehearsal for Joshua Bell today but I'm stuck at work. I basically get to see him play for free (tickets are going for about $175 a pop).

Also I'm starting to get a cold...I must, must stop it.

Jon.

Bell is a great performer so I hope you get to see him. He's an Indiana guy.

Good luck beating the cold. The one I caught last week is finally getting better; one of the worse colds I've had in many years.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Uh, call in sick?

7. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

missed last train back to paris. stuck in mitteleuropa. wet. grey. slightly more germanic.

8. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

craigslist never works for me anymore, my posts never display.

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Fat trolls who flag my Craigslist ads.

10. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

This sore throat that's got so bad that I woke up every 30 min. for the 12 hrs I slept last night.

Every time I did so I felt as if I had to throw up because the pain was so bad.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Fat trolls who flag my Craigslist ads.

Are you advertising for a threesome?

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Are you advertising for a threesome?

+1-3 additional people.
    I guess some find it hard to believe that attractive people are actually looking for some nice, safe group fun.

13. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

My final exams being placed on the last day before break (happened last quarter too).

Can't I just catch a break?

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Man, where are all of these quarter system colleges? The only one I know of that uses quarters is Ohio State.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I went to an auction today and missed a complete set of Tiffany & Co. tortoise-shell toilet articles in a red leather case for only $350.