1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

2. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Dammitt. Did i really just lose an hour of sleep?
    +1. Effing spring forward.

JB

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I also hate the value of the US dollar. It's impossible to order things overseas for a decent price anymore. Even canada sucks. I want a pair of dress shoes or 2 from this canadian site and i was thinking i was gonna get a good deal because they are on sale and the exchange rate, but it costs $5 more in the US.

4. dsholmes1

dsholmes1 Senior member

5. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

My ex-girlfriend keeps showing up in my dreams.[​IMG]

6. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

this month is great if your college basketball team is doing well but if it isnt march sucks big time.

i know maryland hasnt played as well as it should have last night but seriously how the f*** does a team get 21 fouls get called against it and the home team, virginia only get 9 calls against it. i mean wtf is that. VA shot 28 free throws and maryland only shot 7.

the refs really pissed me off and with that loss md is probably not making the tournament.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Figuring out how to tell people I can't talk to them and don't want to hear from them anymore, and why, or whether to say why, and how, and on, and on, and on.

8. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Figuring out how to tell people I can't talk to them and don't want to hear from them anymore, and why, or whether to say why, and how, and on, and on, and on.

Keep ignoring them, seems to work for chicks eventually. I had some crappy friends and I just quit responding to them and they got the point eventually.

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Keep ignoring them, seems to work for chicks eventually. I had some crappy friends and I just quit responding to them and they got the point eventually.
    That would be easier if I didn't like them/care about them. I should have clarified that.

10. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

That would be easier if I didn't like them/care about them. I should have clarified that.

Ignore them and if they ask be brutally honest. Maybe it will even help things.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Cheap croquet mallets that break after two games.

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

This has happened to me also. And I did like both people (in one case, cared for quite a lot as we were close friends). In both cases it was me making all the effort to stay in touch. It's about to happen again (though in a much less dramatic way).

I just gave up. I stopped calling. I stopped e-mailing. In both cases, what I wanted to say was "I'm tired of making the effort to remain friends when all you do is call to cry on my shoulder/bitch about work/etc. and then never have a minute to listen to me. I'm not your therapist. I always take time to listen to you when you call. Then you hang up. When I call, you're always busy. No more."

Those friendships ended. That was 5+ years ago in both cases. We've moved on.

Don't know if it applies to you, but sometimes friendships die.

Sorry.

b

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

It's convenient, that's what's pissing me off right now [​IMG]

JB

+1

Jon.

14. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

This has happened to me also. And I did like both people (in one case, cared for quite a lot as we were close friends). In both cases it was me making all the effort to stay in touch. It's about to happen again (though in a much less dramatic way).

I just gave up. I stopped calling. I stopped e-mailing. In both cases, what I wanted to say was "I'm tired of making the effort to remain friends when all you do is call to cry on my shoulder/bitch about work/etc. and then never have a minute to listen to me. I'm not your therapist. I always take time to listen to you when you call. Then you hang up. When I call, you're always busy. No more."

Those friendships ended. That was 5+ years ago in both cases. We've moved on.

Don't know if it applies to you, but sometimes friendships die.

Sorry.

b

+1. I've had this happen a couple of times over the past few years.
    I would always be the one arranging things - and whenever we met up for a drink or for dinner, two of my friends would always say that they had a great time and that it was a great idea - and then neither of them would do anything. So I stopped doing anything, either, and I haven't seen them since.

It frustrated and saddened me for a while, as I had thought of both of them as good friends and it did hurt when they did not seem to be bothered to reciprocate.

However, I have since made other, good friends who actually do bother to stay in touch.

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

american coins - ok, whose bright idea was it to change the way coins look. I find myself with a lot of forign coins, and I have to sort into american/forign on a regular basis. all of the new quarters and nickles are now different, which means I really have to look carefully to identify them. very annoying. they were the same way for what - 40, 50 years? why change now. if they would wait another 40 or 50 years, I'd be dead, and it wouldn't matter so much.