• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I also hate the value of the US dollar. It's impossible to order things overseas for a decent price anymore. Even canada sucks. I want a pair of dress shoes or 2 from this canadian site and i was thinking i was gonna get a good deal because they are on sale and the exchange rate, but it costs $5 more in the US.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend keeps showing up in my dreams.
confused.gif

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this month is great if your college basketball team is doing well but if it isnt march sucks big time.

i know maryland hasnt played as well as it should have last night but seriously how the f*** does a team get 21 fouls get called against it and the home team, virginia only get 9 calls against it. i mean wtf is that. VA shot 28 free throws and maryland only shot 7.

the refs really pissed me off and with that loss md is probably not making the tournament.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Figuring out how to tell people I can't talk to them and don't want to hear from them anymore, and why, or whether to say why, and how, and on, and on, and on.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Figuring out how to tell people I can't talk to them and don't want to hear from them anymore, and why, or whether to say why, and how, and on, and on, and on.

Keep ignoring them, seems to work for chicks eventually. I had some crappy friends and I just quit responding to them and they got the point eventually.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Keep ignoring them, seems to work for chicks eventually. I had some crappy friends and I just quit responding to them and they got the point eventually.
That would be easier if I didn't like them/care about them. I should have clarified that.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
That would be easier if I didn't like them/care about them. I should have clarified that.

Ignore them and if they ask be brutally honest. Maybe it will even help things.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheap croquet mallets that break after two games.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

This has happened to me also. And I did like both people (in one case, cared for quite a lot as we were close friends). In both cases it was me making all the effort to stay in touch. It's about to happen again (though in a much less dramatic way).

I just gave up. I stopped calling. I stopped e-mailing. In both cases, what I wanted to say was "I'm tired of making the effort to remain friends when all you do is call to cry on my shoulder/***** about work/etc. and then never have a minute to listen to me. I'm not your therapist. I always take time to listen to you when you call. Then you hang up. When I call, you're always busy. No more."

Those friendships ended. That was 5+ years ago in both cases. We've moved on.

Don't know if it applies to you, but sometimes friendships die.

Sorry.

b

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
This has happened to me also. And I did like both people (in one case, cared for quite a lot as we were close friends). In both cases it was me making all the effort to stay in touch. It's about to happen again (though in a much less dramatic way).

I just gave up. I stopped calling. I stopped e-mailing. In both cases, what I wanted to say was "I'm tired of making the effort to remain friends when all you do is call to cry on my shoulder/***** about work/etc. and then never have a minute to listen to me. I'm not your therapist. I always take time to listen to you when you call. Then you hang up. When I call, you're always busy. No more."

Those friendships ended. That was 5+ years ago in both cases. We've moved on.

Don't know if it applies to you, but sometimes friendships die.

Sorry.

b

+1. I've had this happen a couple of times over the past few years.
I would always be the one arranging things - and whenever we met up for a drink or for dinner, two of my friends would always say that they had a great time and that it was a great idea - and then neither of them would do anything. So I stopped doing anything, either, and I haven't seen them since.

It frustrated and saddened me for a while, as I had thought of both of them as good friends and it did hurt when they did not seem to be bothered to reciprocate.

However, I have since made other, good friends who actually do bother to stay in touch.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
american coins - ok, whose bright idea was it to change the way coins look. I find myself with a lot of forign coins, and I have to sort into american/forign on a regular basis. all of the new quarters and nickles are now different, which means I really have to look carefully to identify them. very annoying. they were the same way for what - 40, 50 years? why change now. if they would wait another 40 or 50 years, I'd be dead, and it wouldn't matter so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads