Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Just because he knows you carry a gun doesn't mean he is comfortable with the gun...

2. Septavius

Septavius Senior member

Gum on my leather shoes. :cry:

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I saw a child spit out a piece of gum as I was strolling down the street the other day, right in the middle of the sidewalk. Were I not so restrained a man I might have resorted to vigilante justice and pummeled that child to within an inch of his life.

x2. In my experience many people who have never handled a firearm have a more cavalier attitude toward them than those with even minimal experience or range training.

Which is why I would not have shot the child who spit out the gum, even though I was carrying at the time, because that would be irresponsible. /end bit.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Not really 'pissing me off,' but more 'making me sad/nostalgic.' I have significantly less free time now that I've started working. All I want to do when I get back home is sleep and recharge. Maybe I have to get into the groove of things until I adjust completely.

Boy, you old folk were right when you laughed at me for complaining about having no time in college, lol. I really miss college now.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

sorry buddy this is basically the rest of your life.

no, not really. you just need to learn how much rest your body needs and how much abuse it can handle. together with more planning and less spontaineous outings. you should be able to find free time to unwind with friends and do things other than just pass out. good luck.

:)

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

i'm also an introvert so all the social interaction throughout the day really has me exhausted by the end of it. in college, i more or less was able to control when i wanted to have me-time and when i wanted to spend time and socialize. at work, im always on my toes because i don't know who im going to have to small-talk with and when im going to have to schmooze with the higher ups.

very taxing for the introvert!

sometimes i dont even want to hang out with friends after work because id rather recharge by myself, as anti-social as that sounds lol.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

what a fucking idiot. there's obviously something wrong with his head.

8. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Is he an expat sent from your office or a local person?
    If latter, whats a Middle East person eating a hotdog in the first place? (I am assuming he is a Muslim and the hotdog is pork not beef)

9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

jeromestyle is pissing off the entire forum on Men's Clothing section.

10. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

I can definitely relate to this. I'm entering my second week of work and I'm definitely starting to adjust. Waking up early enough to go for a run definitely helps me out in starting my day off just right. I usually workout after work as well and by the time shower and dinner are done, I'm pretty exhausted so sleep is no problem.

Definitely a lot less free time than I had in college but overall, I'm more disciplined about taking care of myself. I can for sure say that I feel way better about myself. :nodding:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

First dress shirt I tried on this morning had a neck too tight to wear with a tie. Either my neck is getting fatter or the shirt is shrinking after many washes. Second dress shirt I tried on this morning is missing the cuff button closest to the end of the sleeve. (It's supposed to be a two-button cuff.) Wearing that shirt and hoping nobody notices.

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

This sounds a lot like me when I was your age and just entering with professional ranks. Not sure if you are into exercise, but I find just 25-30 min on the cardio training device of your choosing is really helpful in terms of decompressing after work.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

That's the plan.. trying to find a decent gym to work out at so I can relieve some stress and get jacked fibras in the process

14. otc

otc Senior member

Although I imagine its too early to say in your second week but I agree with this. I definitely take better care and feel better about myself in every way (well...except my bowels...my shits were better in college) now than I used to. Unfortunately for most people this doesn't seem to be the case and they get gross and unhealthy after they work for a while.

It is true though, that my introverted need to have some "me time" means that sometimes I just need to go home from work and hang out with my cat even when people have invited me to do things.

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The all thing doesn't make sense...

A most likely Sunni Muslim eating a hot dog...

It is like a football player reading Jean-Paul Sartre...