Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. nootje

nootje Senior member

If you ask me to call back on a specific day to arrange a meeting, at least have the decency to pick up the phone...

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

older. we had a bad relationship growing up well into my teen years. ironically we became closer when she moved to the u.s., sometimes chatting/conversing for hours when we wouldn't even bother acknowledging each other's existence back in the day.

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I've gathered in recent weeks that we are brothers from another mother.

It is easier to love someone when they are far away. Especially family.

So, I've got to fix stuff the intern did. I've kind of been managing them a little but it has been a learning experience for me too. It is about 5 minutes worth of work I have to do, nothing really major but it is embarrassing for me and the company and something I should have just known to do. I guess it is also something that pisses me off about this generation like, you couldn't read and pay attention to what you are doing but apparently it is too much to ask for.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ These interns had better be attractive. That's the only way to put up with incompetency in my book.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Need new computer: can't afford one at the moment.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

My dumbass brother. I love the kid, but sometimes it amazes me he remembers to put pants on in the morning.

A friend of mine and her parents are throwing an engagement party for my fiancee and me tonight. This morning, my bro texts me to say "Hey, kind of unceremonious, but can I come by today and copy some photos onto a memory card?" I said OK, but he had to come over now, because we have errands to run and things going on all afternoon. So he comes back with "I need about 50 photos, gonna put them in a photo frame for tonight, can I come by later in the afternoon?" Again, I reiterate that he must come now.

Phone rings. How long is it going to take to do this? Don't I have all my photos of the fiancee and I in one drive he can just copy really quickly? No... I have photos in a bunch of different folders, on multiple computers, will take about an hour or so to go through and pick out good photos, I tell him I can help but only right now. Turns out my friend asked him several weeks ago to do this, but now he's in a rush b/c he and his gf are headed to Virginia in the afternoon to go see something or the other and he doesn't have time now - can I just put 50 or so photos on a flash disk for him and he can run by later and pick it up? I'm aghast - so someone asked you weeks ago to do a nice favor on my behalf - and you didn't do it - and now *I* have to do it for myself - and then give you the disk so you can arrive at the party and say "here it is!" as though you've done anything?

Then I had to show him how to download photos off Facebook so he could do it, sort of, from home. God, what a doof.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I had to jump over guardrail to get past once in Zurich airport, as they weren't moving to the side either.:brick:

I'm the polar opposite, I had great relationship with my cuntbag sister when I was a kid, I haven't seen or spoken to her in 5 years now, the fact she owes me 20k$ and denies it, doesn't help the case.:cloud:

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Not only is it super fucking hot outside, but the electricity in a two block area stopped completely. ConEd is on it, but :fu: :fu: :fu:

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Three Step Remedy:

Step 1 - Exit apartment. Hail cab. Enter cab.

Step 2 - Instruct cab driver to take you to an establishment that serves tasty beverages containing alcohol.

Step 3 - Exit cab upon arrival and proceed immediately to imbibing.

In all seriousness, life w/o AC sucks and I hope that the power is back on soon.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Power went away at around 2:30 pm (just as I was sitting down to lunch, of course), I grabbed a book, walked to the park a block away sat on a bench next to the east river, started to read, was drenched in about 45 minutes; the 99 degree weather and massive humidity didn't help. Went to a local pizza place, took my sweet time to eat. Went back to the park, kept reading, sun came out at full blast. I couldn't take it anymore, so I went back to my place and the electricity was back on.

I couldn't have imagined the cost of a hotel room if there was no A/C in my apt tonight... seeing as most of my friends in the city are of course predictably out of town for the weekend.

11. otc

otc Senior member

My apartment flooded last night :(

not a ton of damage but some wool area rugs are soaked and some electronics might not be coming back to life...my receiver and my htpc might be gone and my desktop should be fine but it is possible that the harddrive and power supply are lost (they are the only things in that case that were below the water level. A bunch of stuff will have some water damage but not be trash worthy.

What sucks the most is that I don't currently have renter's insurance (and in the back of my head I kept saying "I really need to jump back on that"...even had pulled quotes) which would enable me to trash all of the water damaged stuff and should cover cleaning costs on the rugs.

Also I was supposed to go buy a motorcycle this morning and had to postpone it.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I'm the polar opposite, I had great relationship with my cuntbag sister when I was a kid, I haven't seen or spoken to her in 5 years now, the fact she owes me 20k$ and denies it, doesn't help the case.:cloud:

[/quote]

20 grands...

I will spend another few hundreds to find her and strangle her...:angry:

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Dude, that sucks :( . Renters insurance is SO worth it. I mean they even cover your personal items even if they aren;t in your apartment. So, if your phone is stolen at work, they cover it.

14. otc

otc Senior member

Yeah...it blows. The reason I wasn't currently on it was that I was getting a new bicycle and trying to figure out how to throw a rider on the policy that would cover my bikes for replacement cost with a lower deductable than my other apartment possessions...
    Basically it works out to, I was busy trying to find the perfect setup and have it all done right (which is why at one point I had gotten all of these quotes and stuff) while in reality, having *ANY* policy would have been better than now.

edit: although what blows more than that is simply all of the shit I will have to do now. I don't care *that* much about my stuff. if my main HDD is dead, that will suck but everything else that might be dead was either cheap or old to the point of barely working and being next on my replacement list. When I am up at 4AM sucking water out of a rug with a wet vac and then have to spend the rest of the weekend cleaning and shit...what a waste of a weekend (and probably another one to come if they decide to have the hardwood floor guys come and resurface).

15. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

All the people on the east coast bitching about the heat. Yeah, it sucks. But it'll be gone by Monday. Whereas in lovely Texas:

[​IMG]

And it's been like this EVERY DAY since about the middle of June. :fu: :fu: