• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ All of the above. Nothing a good run won't fix.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My food groups in order of being food:

- Pizza
- French fries
- Souvlakis
- Hamburgers
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Potato chips
- Cookies
- Rabbit food (I.E. vegetables, fruits, etc.)

What about ice creams?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neo is a ***** in the making.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Neo is a ***** in the making.

Maybe not: I know of a couple of guys with preposterously awful diets who never put on a pound, into their 40's. Never worked out, either. Their wives hate them terribly. Well, only one is married, the other will never, ever, ever get married.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hybrid
Freebird (about as much as I can shove down the ol' gullet at a sitting)
Monster (large)
Super Monster (HOLY COW) The Super Monster uses two burrito tortillas and is HUGE. The one time I ordered one it took me the whole weekend to finish it.

That place is awesome. I don't get down to TX very frequently, but hitting up Freebird's is a tradition for me when I do.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I've been ordering pants lately, and I'm getting really sick of the discrepancy of waist sizes by brand. I ordered two pairs of 32 waist pants from Gilt. One had a measured waist of 31 1/2". The other had a measured waist of 33 3/8". It's a goddamn crapshoot.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been ordering pants lately, and I'm getting really sick of the discrepancy of waist sizes by brand. I ordered two pairs of 32 waist pants from Gilt. One had a measured waist of 31 1/2". The other had a measured waist of 33 3/8". It's a goddamn crapshoot.

ugh, its a giant pain ********** that supposed standard sizes are so far from standard. i have pants that fit me ranging from 34-40. 38 is usually my best bet. but with online ordering, like you said, its a crapshoot.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The solution is to stop wearing pants. :teach:

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

ugh, its a giant pain ********** that supposed standard sizes are so far from standard. i have pants that fit me ranging from 34-40. 38 is usually my best bet. but with online ordering, like you said, its a crapshoot.

The worst is when there is a discrepancy between waist sizes of the same brand. Brooks Brothers and J.Crew do this. Depending on the "style" of the pant, the inseams and waists vary depending on how they assume you like to wear them. You have to size up 1.5" or so in the waist for Brooks Brothers' Milano fit and down 1" for their Madison fit. It's ******* stupid.

Last edited:

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe not: I know of a couple of guys with preposterously awful diets who never put on a pound, into their 40's. Never worked out, either. Their wives hate them terribly. Well, only one is married, the other will never, ever, ever get married.

It's called genetic lottery.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
So I'm heavily involved in a charity that rehabs home and then sells them below market price to qualified individuals. Like Habitat for Humanity, except we revovate existing houses. So, I had heard a tree limb fell at the house we currently have and it needed to be cut up. I go over there after a stressful day of work with a hand saw and some clippers. It's in the hood, so I wanted to get done before it got dark. I go in the backyard and see that the neighbors are training some pits for dogfighting. Four guys turn and look at me and one says "The **** you want?" Of course I kicked all their asses and blahblahblah. No, I actually said
"Just fixing up this tree limb, won't take long"
He replies with "The **** you messing with that tree limb for, Dylan?" (This was actually a pretty funny blast)
"Just getting it out of the yard, man."
"Well hurry the **** up"
I smirk at him and get down to sawing.
As I left, I said in the whitest voice possible "See ya later buddies!"

Still it put me in a ****** mood. Dogfighting in broad daylight.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I'm heavily involved in a charity that rehabs home and then sells them below market price to qualified individuals. Like Habitat for Humanity, except we revovate existing houses. So, I had heard a tree limb fell at the house we currently have and it needed to be cut up. I go over there after a stressful day of work with a hand saw and some clippers. It's in the hood, so I wanted to get done before it got dark. I go in the backyard and see that the neighbors are training some pits for dogfighting. Four guys turn and look at me and one says "The **** you want?" Of course I kicked all their asses and blahblahblah. No, I actually said
"Just fixing up this tree limb, won't take long"
He replies with "The **** you messing with that tree limb for, Dylan?" (This was actually a pretty funny blast)
"Just getting it out of the yard, man."
"Well hurry the **** up"
I smirk at him and get down to sawing.
As I left, I said in the whitest voice possible "See ya later buddies!"

Still it put me in a ****** mood. Dogfighting in broad daylight.

Ugh. What a deplorable "sport."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics