Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    The ECU on RubeBabeIII[​IMG]s Honda is apparently wet and causing all sorts of troubles.
    We had a torrential downpour Monday night, flooding many residential streets. RBIII found a couple inches of water inside her car yesterday morning, and the Honda is running like a drunken Guinea Pig.

Any ideas how to dry out the ECU?

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

So, apparently, someone's internet is back up. :sarcasm:

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

If I knew what an ECU was I'm sure I'd be of more help, but my usual course of action every time my son puts something in the water is:

1. Disconnect/remove the battery
    2. disassemble as much as feasible - at least expose the circuity if possible - should be able to google the ECU and find its location.
    3. wait a week or so. If you're in a hurry, a hair dryer might speed things along.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ^It is the main brain of the car. ECU is located in the front passenger seat footwell, and apparently got wet, or at least the connection to the wiring harness was wet.

Do you think a hair dryer would work? I was going to toss it in a bag of rice (isn't that what people are doing to resurrect wet cell phones nowadays?).

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Well, the hair dryer is a good start for the exposed parts (provided you're not blowing the water into enclosed spaces), but for anything enclosed you'll want the rice trick handy. For instance: the wiring harness would be a good option.

unexpected side benefit to the rice trick: if it doesn't fix the issue, you pretty well have a stir-fry ready to go! :D

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

BTW: I fucking miss cookies. I kicked the store-bought cookie habit a month ago and replaced it with yogurt, apples, almond butter, and the occasional Odwalla or Clif bar. Not the same, although I've no doubt dropped a few lbs. I did make some killer cookies a few weeks back but the fam thought I made them for 'us' and devoured them. :(

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I say eat the cookies. If it makes you that mad, it is not worth not eating them. Or simply save a day for cookie indulgence to give you something to look forward to.

8. Neo_Version 7

What the? What the hell? First of all, ew. Ew ew. Stop eating this food. You're not Betty White. Unlike a lot of the old/fat members, you actually work out so a cookie here and there won't kill you. Second of all, what are you doing sharing food in first place? Tell your fam to make their own.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

You're single, right?

10. Neo_Version 7

And proud of it.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Moral of the story: Don't have a family.

12. Neo_Version 7

That's harsh. More like, don't have a family if you're going to make your own cookies because they will unknowingly think it is theirs.

13. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I don't think it was a general comment. I think he was just telling you, specifically, not to procreate.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The issue is that if they're around, I eat them. I don't really want to fall into a full-package binge during a cheat day. Just cannot have them around...if I plan on qualifying for Boston. I simply have to lean down as best I can until mid-Jan and then we'll see where I'm at.

But - I don't have A cookie here and there, it's more like a handful, a few times a day. I was killing off two packages of PB cookies a week. Can't have that extra weight right now. Plus, I'm not getting a lot of sleep right now so everything has to be purposeful/helpful to rebuilding.

LOLOLOL at my family making their own food. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL * 1000000101012313125234^eleventy-cubed.

That said, I am cursed with a deft touch at desserty-type foods.

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i just want to say thomas, i also love cookies and need to hold off for the sake of my gut. solidarity man, solidarity.