• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ECU on RubeBabeIII
2122.png
s Honda is apparently wet and causing all sorts of troubles.
We had a torrential downpour Monday night, flooding many residential streets. RBIII found a couple inches of water inside her car yesterday morning, and the Honda is running like a drunken Guinea Pig.

Any ideas how to dry out the ECU?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, apparently, someone's internet is back up. :sarcasm:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The ECU on RubeBabeIII
2122.png
s Honda is apparently wet and causing all sorts of troubles.
We had a torrential downpour Monday night, flooding many residential streets. RBIII found a couple inches of water inside her car yesterday morning, and the Honda is running like a drunken Guinea Pig.

Any ideas how to dry out the ECU?

If I knew what an ECU was I'm sure I'd be of more help, but my usual course of action every time my son puts something in the water is:

1. Disconnect/remove the battery
  2. disassemble as much as feasible - at least expose the circuity if possible - should be able to google the ECU and find its location.
  3. wait a week or so. If you're in a hurry, a hair dryer might speed things along.

Last edited:

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^It is the main brain of the car. ECU is located in the front passenger seat footwell, and apparently got wet, or at least the connection to the wiring harness was wet.

Do you think a hair dryer would work? I was going to toss it in a bag of rice (isn't that what people are doing to resurrect wet cell phones nowadays?).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the hair dryer is a good start for the exposed parts (provided you're not blowing the water into enclosed spaces), but for anything enclosed you'll want the rice trick handy. For instance: the wiring harness would be a good option.

unexpected side benefit to the rice trick: if it doesn't fix the issue, you pretty well have a stir-fry ready to go! :D

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW: I ******* miss cookies. I kicked the store-bought cookie habit a month ago and replaced it with yogurt, apples, almond butter, and the occasional Odwalla or Clif bar. Not the same, although I've no doubt dropped a few lbs. I did make some killer cookies a few weeks back but the fam thought I made them for 'us' and devoured them. :(

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I say eat the cookies. If it makes you that mad, it is not worth not eating them. Or simply save a day for cookie indulgence to give you something to look forward to.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BTW: I ******* miss cookies. I kicked the store-bought cookie habit a month ago and replaced it with yogurt, apples, almond butter, and the occasional Odwalla or Clif bar. Not the same, although I've no doubt dropped a few lbs. I did make some killer cookies a few weeks back but the fam thought I made them for 'us' and devoured them. :(

What the? What the hell? First of all, ew. Ew ew. Stop eating this food. You're not Betty White. Unlike a lot of the old/fat members, you actually work out so a cookie here and there won't kill you. Second of all, what are you doing sharing food in first place? Tell your fam to make their own.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What the? What the hell? First of all, ew. Ew ew. Stop eating this food. You're not Betty White. Unlike a lot of the old/fat members, you actually work out so a cookie here and there won't kill you. Second of all, what are you doing sharing food in first place? Tell your fam to make their own.

You're single, right?

Moral of the story: Don't have a family.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Moral of the story: Don't have a family.

That's harsh. More like, don't have a family if you're going to make your own cookies because they will unknowingly think it is theirs.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it was a general comment. I think he was just telling you, specifically, not to procreate.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I say eat the cookies. If it makes you that mad, it is not worth not eating them. Or simply save a day for cookie indulgence to give you something to look forward to.

The issue is that if they're around, I eat them. I don't really want to fall into a full-package binge during a cheat day. Just cannot have them around...if I plan on qualifying for Boston. I simply have to lean down as best I can until mid-Jan and then we'll see where I'm at.

But - I don't have A cookie here and there, it's more like a handful, a few times a day. I was killing off two packages of PB cookies a week. Can't have that extra weight right now. Plus, I'm not getting a lot of sleep right now so everything has to be purposeful/helpful to rebuilding.

LOLOLOL at my family making their own food. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL * 1000000101012313125234^eleventy-cubed.

That said, I am cursed with a deft touch at desserty-type foods.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just want to say thomas, i also love cookies and need to hold off for the sake of my gut. solidarity man, solidarity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads