Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

2. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

the motherfucking miserable orioles. i don't expect a winning season or anything stupid like that, but i do expect to be able to sit down and watch a game or two every now and then and not have to keep slamming my head against the wall in agony.

3. Douglas

Re: all this fireworks hand-wringing - Meh. Fireworks are fun and they're safe enough. Those big mortars don't go off with as much force as you guys are saying. And this guy who got decapitated, if you read the articles, seems that he was messing not with fireworks, but with munitions. Very different.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

the motherfucking miserable orioles. i don't expect a winning season or anything stupid like that, but i do expect to be able to sit down and watch a game or two every now and then and not have to keep slamming my head against the wall in agony.

im watching the orioles vs red sox game on thursday with my future co-workers, some of whom i haven't met yet.

kinda scurred!

5. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

My uncle got hit with a firework in his eye yesterday and he's going to lose some of his vision. I don't know the details, but he's having surgery now in an attempt to salvage some of his vision in that eye. Don't play with fireworks, kids.
    Surgery was unsuccessful. Vision in left eye is completely gone. His step son shot a bottle rocket off and its course got deflected by whatever he was launching it out of. My uncle was 40 feet away and looking the other way when it hit him.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

im watching the orioles vs red sox game on thursday with my future co-workers, some of whom i haven't met yet.

kinda scurred!

dont be. the sox will preforn anal rapage on the O's and a great time will be had by all beantown natives. should be great fun. relax and enjoy. (the game)

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Surgery was unsuccessful. Vision in left eye is completely gone. His step son shot a bottle rocket off and its course got deflected by whatever he was launching it out of. My uncle was 40 feet away and looking the other way when it hit him.

that sucks. kid will feel awful about it.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

wow. thats awful.

kinda scurred!

don't wait. you should initiate the cheering. may I suggest "defense!" and "you suck referee!"

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Dude was decapitated about 8 blocks from me last night, lighting illegal fireworks.
    De-fucking-capitated.
    In a trailer park.

I prefer the guillotine, but they are too fancy for trailer parks.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sorry to hear that Stephen. Make sure he gets a second opinion. See my post above for a reason.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

no shit, your new car [​IMG]

car is quite old and used, thankfully. Had it a long time, I just never get to drive it since I'm not here.

12. juliette2000

juliette2000 Senior member

Casey Anthony being found not guilty of everything except lying to law enforcement.

WTF?

13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Damn. Tough situation for all involved. Best of luck to them.

14. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

The Orioles management is just awful. I think I read somewhere that they get the least wins per million dolllars of payroll of any team in the league. It's a shame, because it's a great park.

Re: all this fireworks hand-wringing - Meh. Fireworks are fun and they're safe enough. Those big mortars don't go off with as much force as you guys are saying. And this guy who got decapitated, if you read the articles, seems that he was messing not with fireworks, but with munitions. Very different.

Big +1. Americans seem to feel like we can stop every single bad thing from ever happening to anyone.

15. Douglas

An apology to StephenHero: While I do stand by my general comments on fireworks, I think I was focusing on Rube's story and somehow didn't notice yours. My thoughts go out to your uncle, and I'm sorry to hear of his condition. Posting what I did, where I did, was callous. I'm sorry.