• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
It's especially nice to pull up on a fire scene, gear on, ready to go, only to find that some douche has parked in the fire lane or directly in front of the hydrant. It's always a nice time trying to manuever around said a*shole's car with several hundred pounds worth of hose.

JB

forehose_0.JPG

Unstylednerd

Reaction score
Don`t know if this has already been mentioned, but the cost of shipping on Ebay is annoying me. The item is starting at $3.00, and the seller jacks up shipping to $21.50. Reason it bugs me is because I`ve received items that weigh more than this for MUCH lower shipping.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I came down with that damn cold yesterday that's going around. I wanted to call in sick to work but had to chair a couple of important meetings. I think I'll be grounded all weekend trying to shake this thing. What really sucks is it seems to have affected my alcohol tolerance too.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to compile a list today.

-People and the media that insist on using the phrase "breaking news" Isn't all news "breaking"? If not it would be "history".
-People who spit in the street, it's disgusting.
-People who walk in cycle lanes and get shirty when I ask them to let me past.
-People on the Metro who insist on playing their music through speakers on phones.
-Drivers who don't use their turn signals.
-F*cking winter. Warm up already.
-Government red tape.
-Stupid people at McDonalds (or other fast food places for that matter) who have no clue what they want, so they proceed to stand for 25 minutes and figure it out at the counter.
-Girls who don't sha...wait, no, never mind, not appropriate here.
-Comcast.
-DC-area traffic.
-Being single. ****.
-People who think that their mileage status can get them onto a sold out flight, and argue endlessly to that effect. Take your platinum card and shove it.
-Religious fanatics.
-Half of the office I work in has been out with the flu, meaning everything gets passed on to the healthy people who can go to work.
-People who act amazed that there are no seats available going anywhere on December 19th, returning January 2nd.
-People who send an email, then call 5 minutes later to see if I got it.
-People who argue with me about baggage allowances, and think that I can somehow magically alter their ticket so they'll get more.
-People who insist on reminding you that the airplane is behind schedule. Trust me, I'm well aware of it.
-People who gun it to pull out in front of you then do 10 under the speed limit.
-People who feel the need to blast their rap music at the top volume in the car.
-People on planes who think they know what they're talking about and don't realize that there may just be people around who know they're full of sh*t.
-People in Florida who don't go to the middle of the intersection on a green light left turn. What the hell are you doing?
-Philadelphia International Airport.
-People who talk to themselves while taking a dump in a public restroom.
-Mosquitoes.
-MTV.
-Guidos.
-Diet soda.
-People who believe it is absolutely necessary to scream into their cell phone while holding a conversation.
-Loud motorcycles.
-Dirty car interiors.
-Wal-Mart.
-Hillary Clinton.
-"Visiting" the DMV.
-People who park in handicapped spots and don't have a handicapped tag.
-Emo music, most metal.
-The French.
-Scientologists.
-Washington DC taxi district fare things. Pointless.
-People who insist on wearing their Bluetooth everywhere they go.
-People who complain about the price of gas, who need to fill up their oversized SUV.
-Junk mail.
-People who insist on thumbtacking papers to the outside of my cubicle instead of placing it in my mailbox, which means whatever it is they gave me ends up with 3 million holes in it because they can't just use one freaking thumbtack.
-Mumblers. Speak up.
-Alitalia.
-Annoying ringtones.
-Gas pumps that ask me for my zip code. WTF?
-Construction zones with no signs of construction.
-Crappy early-1990s souped-up shitboxes with a ridiculously huge spoiler that looks like a NASA relay dish.
-Rappers.
-Overly-serious mall security guards.
-People who insist on wearing shorts when it's 25 degrees outside.
-Dust spots in my camera.
-Lack of real news on TV. I don't care about Jennifer Lopez's kids, I want to hear about things that mean something to the general public.
-AT&T/Verizon. Choose one name and keep it.
-Watching soldiers leave for Iraq. When is it going to stop?
-People who chew with their mouths open.
-Obsessive video game players.
-Moron drivers that as soon as they see a rain drop, they slow down to a crawl (in a 65mph zone), when the road gets too wet and the lines not as clear (but still visible) they start swerving all over and step on MY side of the line.
-Getting permanant marker on your hands and having it stay there for a few days.

Rant over.
JB

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2001819576783355739_rs.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
The most interesting thing about Danica/Winnie:

(from Wiki) McKellar has an Erdős-Bacon number of 6.

For those of you that don't know what that is, the Erdos number is your degrees of separation from Paul Erdos, a famous mathematician who wrote TONS while the Bacon number is the degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon in acting roles.

Her Erdos number must be at least a 2 because he died in 1996.

b

Wasn't it you who said, in another thread, that people sometimes used to think you were gay?

If you think the most interesting thing about Danica McKellar is her Erdős-Bacon number... I'm starting to understand why, man.

-Philadelphia International Airport.

+So, so many.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the first time in a long time, I'm not pissed off about anything. StyleForum rejoice!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to compile a list today.

-People and the media that insist on using the phrase "breaking news" Isn't all news "breaking"? If not it would be "history"....

JB

Well, strictly speaking, a news story is only "breaking" when it first becomes news.
After that, the story is no longer breaking, but is instead developing or ongoing news.

A quick example:
Breaking news - "Multiple car crash on highway - fatalities suspected."
Developing news - "It's now confirmed that four people died and ten were injured following a multiple car accident in peak hour on highway #61..."

I agree with a lot of your other points - a very comprehensive list!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
AT&T/Verizon. Choose one name and keep it.
You mean AT&T and Cingular. Verizon is in no way affiliated with AT&T.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics