• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Went to a new club last night, I kind of know the manager so I get free bottle service. I got a bottle of absolute and a bunch of mixers. I then had a bunch of bouncers walk up to me and accuse me of bringing the bottle of vodka in and not getting it from the club and then they grabbed me and threw me out. Just because im young and wearing the scruffy as **** SW&D uniform doesn't mean I can't have bottle service.
Yes it does, chav.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yes it does, chav.

laugh.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the following 3 things are contributing to my less than stellar mood

1. the sopranos and SF are both major contributing factors to my getting less than 4 hours of sleep last night

2. for the 3rd time in a row my favorite wings have wrecked my stomach

3. its a beautiful day and im stuck at work

fML

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
My wife and I just had a not fun conversation that basically concluded with us agreeing that we would not have any children in the foreseeable future.

As a result I am now on my second beer.

I take it you wanted kids?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Also there's a bee in my house and I can't get rid of it.

Ok, well this bee turned out to be one of the millions that have set up a home in the walls in a corner of my house, and have recently started escaping through a crack in the window sill. This is going to be expensive.
ffffuuuu.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I take it you wanted kids?
I did indeed. It was the subject of much conversation before we tied the knot so I thought we were on the same page. Over the next couple of years, however, I guess she has changed her mind. She has always been very career focused and feels that they wouldn't be able to meet the standards she would hold herself to as a career woman and a mother.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, well this bee turned out to be one of the millions that have set up a home in the walls in a corner of my house, and have recently started escaping through a crack in the window sill. This is going to be expensive.
ffffuuuu.gif

no, that's not scary at all.
ffffuuuu.gif
I did indeed. It was the subject of much conversation before we tied the knot so I thought we were on the same page. Over the next couple of years, however, I guess she has changed her mind. She has always been very career focused and feels that they wouldn't be able to meet the standards she would hold herself to as a career woman and a mother.
Good for her. Hey, at least she was honest with you. Give it a go for a few more years. If nothing changes by then, say your goodbyes and find someone who aligns with what you're looking for.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

thats does suck. btw better to spend the money than try yourself. i have a relative that landed themself in the ER with about 100 or so bee stings to the face trying to play exterminator. not good.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm allergic so no, I will not be taking the bees on myself.

I've been doing some research and it sounds like I'm going to have to break down part of the wall to get the honeycomb out. The joys of home ownership
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, that's not scary at all.
ffffuuuu.gif
Good for her. Hey, at least she was honest with you. Give it a go for a few more years. If nothing changes by then, say your goodbyes and find someone who aligns with what you're looking for.

I've always been supportive of my wife's emphasis on her career and I still am. You are definitely right in that it was good that she was honest with me. I would hate HAte HATE to me in a situation where we have the kid, she resents kid for ruining her career, and in the long run nobody is happy. We agreed that we're just not going to talk about kids until she wants to bring it up because she has changed her mind. If she doesn't bring it up, that's fine, until the time when it isn't fine. I have no idea when that point is, but I'm not going to worry about it for awhile. BTW, Rambo, I'm really pulling for you in that I hope you don't wind up at Karaoke for one tonight.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've always been supportive of my wife's emphasis on her career and I still am. You are definitely right in that it was good that she was honest with me. I would hate HAte HATE to me in a situation where we have the kid, she resents kid for ruining her career, and in the long run nobody is happy. We agreed that we're just not going to talk about kids until she wants to bring it up because she has changed her mind. If she doesn't bring it up, that's fine, until the time when it isn't fine. I have no idea when that point is, but I'm not going to worry about it for awhile. BTW, Rambo, I'm really pulling for you in that I hope you don't wind up at Karaoke for one tonight.
You're handling this well man. I'd say give it 6 months and then check back in. Either that, or whenever she passes another career milestone (transfer, raise, promotion, etc..) Just remember that you don't have to give up on what you want if your partner changes what they want. Also, ha! There are still several hours for my plans to cancel on me. Honestly, the way things have been going, I'm not holding out hope.
frown.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're handling this well man. I'd say give it 6 months and then check back in. Either that, or whenever she passes another career milestone (transfer, raise, promotion, etc..) Just remember that you don't have to give up on what you want if your partner changes what they want.

Thanks for the kinds words.

Also, ha! There are still several hours for my plans to cancel on me. Honestly, the way things have been going, I'm not holding out hope.
frown.gif

Well I'll keep hope alive.

BTW, is that your dog in your avatar. Love that big stupid grin he/she seems to be wearing.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm allergic so no, I will not be taking the bees on myself.

I've been doing some research and it sounds like I'm going to have to break down part of the wall to get the honeycomb out. The joys of home ownership
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

often leaves one feeling like this
censored.gif
or this
baldy[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads