Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

It's complicated and I can't discuss it too much. A powerful person has told my employer they should move there, and my employer's management wants to. However, if they go about the move this way, they will violate several laws. It's my job to advise them of that and recommend they don't do it. [​IMG] Knowing the person, they will insist it be done anyway and the ensuing lawsuit will be added to a growing pile of them.

Ah yes, saving the company from itself. One of the great pleasures of being an in-house counsel.

And all the gratitude you get from the people in other departments is like the cherry on top. I have to wonder why I left...

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Ugh.... blah blah Oh, and there's a happy hour tonight for a friend who's moving and I really don't want to go to that either. I won't know anyone and everyone who I'm introduced to won't give a shit because they work on the hill and think sunshine comes out of their asses and us agency workers are peons who have no connections of any use to them.
    I'm supposed to go to the gym tonigbt but you want some company for some SF lulz?

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

my summer job is kind of pissing me off.

I've been there for 4 years and I make $8.50. Honestly, I'm fine with this, the job is really easy adn my boss is chill as hell, so I'd be fine with that. But, some kid who just started this summer is making $9. We do the same shit and work equally as hard (I may work a little harder, but it doesn't really matter). My mom thinks I should talk to my boss, but on the other hand I wasn't even supposed to be around this summer so I think I should be happy that my boss is giving me any hours at all just because I told him at the last second I was going to be able to work this summer. thoughts?

4. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

I've been there for 4 years and I make $8.50. Honestly, I'm fine with this, the job is really easy adn my boss is chill as hell, so I'd be fine with that. But, some kid who just started this summer is making $9. We do the same shit and work equally as hard (I may work a little harder, but it doesn't really matter). My mom thinks I should talk to my boss, but on the other hand I wasn't even supposed to be around this summer so I think I should be happy that my boss is giving me any hours at all just because I told him at the last second I was going to be able to work this summer. thoughts?

Negotiate nao!

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Ask for a raise. The worst he can say is no. Don't bring up what the other dude is making, though. That will piss the boss off and get the other guy in trouble, as you are probably not even supposed to know that.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Ask for a raise. The worst he can say is no. Don't bring up what the other dude is making, though. That will piss the boss off and get the other guy in trouble, as you are probably not even supposed to know that.

as an employer i say +10000000

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

my summer job is kind of pissing me off. I've been there for 4 years and I make $8.50. Honestly, I'm fine with this, the job is really easy adn my boss is chill as hell, so I'd be fine with that. But, some kid who just started this summer is making $9. We do the same shit and work equally as hard (I may work a little harder, but it doesn't really matter). My mom thinks I should talk to my boss, but on the other hand I wasn't even supposed to be around this summer so I think I should be happy that my boss is giving me any hours at all just because I told him at the last second I was going to be able to work this summer. thoughts?
    Which Burger King do you work at? I might be able to pull some strings.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm stuck on a plane that was 5m from taxiing out of the gate when a goddamn tropical storm hits and shuts down the airport. With a 2 year old. Who has not had a nap. [​IMG] At least it's first class.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its just Miami's way of saying goodbye.

We are actally attempting to take off?? *orders shot*

Say a prayer for me sf...

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

I'm stuck on a plane that was 5m from taxiing out of the gate when a goddamn tropical storm hits and shuts down the airport. With a 2 year old. Who has not had a nap. [​IMG]

i feel for you mang

now, not so much

We are actally attempting to take off?? *orders shot*

Say a prayer for me sf...

make sure to check for terrorists. *says prayer*

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

so that's an extra $300-something a month for a car that you will only be driving for the fun since you'll be using public transportation for work?
    more like 200 bux with all the discounts i got. plus, it's a necessary evil. i need to show increased driving records in order to reduce payments for the future.

13. intent

intent Senior member

Young adult miscreants, especially in a land of opportunity.

14. RSS

RSS Senior member

she's still your sister...
    Yes, I should behave.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

The ice maker is not keeping up with my ice consumption.