• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on vacay, limited computer usage
smile.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
smile.gif

Same. I'm on a computer at a general store on St. John. 20 cents per minute. I fear coming on StyleForum was a bad idea for my credit card.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mm84321
Same. I'm on a computer at a general store on St. John. 20 cents per minute. I fear coming on StyleForum was a bad idea for my credit card.
wait, you're both on vacay and you're still checking in to SF? what is wrong with you two? For heaven's sake! Use a proxy service to read and post in your place while you mope around on the beach and wonder what e-LOL's you're missing out on.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wedding is a week from sunday. After 15 months of planning, stressing etc....its upon us. Get this, my 199233 year old grandma, who up until like a month ago was pretty healthy has taken a pretty severe turn for the worse. Probably wont last the full week. My dad just called to discuss cancelling the wedding as most of her family will be our guests. WTF.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Hope everything turns out okay. Man, when I get married, I'm not going to have a huge ceremony. It's definitely going to be very intimate -- strictly close friends and family.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ Hope everything turns out okay. Man, when I get married, I'm not going to have a huge ceremony. It's definitely going to be very intimate -- strictly close friends and family.

Will there be a wife involved?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
My wedding is a week from sunday. After 15 months of planning, stressing etc....its upon us. Get this, my 199233 year old grandma, who up until like a month ago was pretty healthy has taken a pretty severe turn for the worse. Probably wont last the full week. My dad just called to discuss cancelling the wedding as most of her family will be our guests. WTF.
don't cancel, deposits and **** are expensive

Man, when I get married, I'm not going to have a huge ceremony. It's definitely going to be very intimate -- strictly close friends and family.
+1. But good luck with that, we still have 80 people on our list for "intimate". For every 1, there is a +1

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't cancel.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Oy Jeez, good luck with your grandma. And the wedding.

heh, that's pretty funny. Our version of small included 250 people, iirc.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not cancelling. The problem is that Jewish funerals need to happen pretty quickly. That said, there is no timing that wouldn't allow him to be back Sunday night for the wedding. He's just being an asshole as he is known to do. I would say something dramatic like if he doesn't show up I wont ever speak to him again, but I stand to get a huge inheritance.....

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not cancelling. The problem is that Jewish funerals need to happen pretty quickly. That said, there is no timing that wouldn't allow him to be back Sunday night for the wedding. He's just being an asshole as he is known to do. I would say something dramatic like if he doesn't show up I wont ever speak to him again, but I stand to get a huge inheritance.....

um, this is his mom, right? I understand where you're coming from, but I imagine your dad might probably like a little time to grieve and move on before celebrating your wedding.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally buried my grandmother yesterday. Find on the way home my breaks are squealing so I drop the car into the shop (they have dealt with my family for 20 years so I trust them). Get a call today saying "The break pads need changing, as do the suspension links, washer fluid pumps and you're due an MOT next week."

On the other hand they got it all done for £300 inc labour and had it finished within 24 hours, having had to order the parts from the supplier. I guess nice people ease the burden of bad ****.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not cancelling. The problem is that Jewish funerals need to happen pretty quickly.

Maybe you can work sitting shiva into the wedding plans.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working with teenaged girls (no Neo) :FU: when I contact you, regardless of medium, a sentence requires ONE and ONLY punctuation mark.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads