• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
actually it's not bad in my house. she's going to tear her hair out hunting that thing down; my job is to tell her to relax, it's not the end of the world, we can get new copies of each, and then she loves me for being so sweet. you just need better spouse management skills.
wink.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd rather marry a man than face illogical arguments everyday. Can I get a what, what?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I'd rather marry a man than face illogical arguments everyday. Can I get a what, what?

you can get a ****, ****. thats part of marriage man. even the good ones have bumps. and thomas i once heard this

"when you are single you are as happy as you are, when you are in a relationship you are only as happy as the least happy person in the relationship"

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol relationships. All they do is bog me down.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
actually it's not bad in my house. she's going to tear her hair out hunting that thing down; my job is to tell her to relax, it's not the end of the world, we can get new copies of each, and then she loves me for being so sweet.

you just need better spouse management skills.
wink.gif

That's not the first time I've thought that.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7

Oh, like men are logical. Don't you read the CE at all?

Originally Posted by in stitches
you can get a ****, ****. thats part of marriage man. even the good ones have bumps. and thomas i once heard this

"when you are single you are as happy as you are, when you are in a relationship you are only as happy as the least happy person in the relationship"

truth man. truth.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not looking for Ms. Right. I'm looking for Ms. Right Now.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you had me until that one buddy.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
The cost of out of state tuition!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!! I live in NM where the 2 of the major universities are "not" ranked very well. One smaller university that is ranked well is hard to get into and is math and science oriented. I want to offer my kids opportunities to go elsewhere but ASU and UofA are ~$22K for tuition, $35K+ total. CU in Boulder, CO (my alma mater) is ~$33K for tuition alone or ~$48K+ total. I forgot to mention that NM tuition is covered by our Lottery Scholarship for "all" NM residents, making it even harder to swallow out of state costs. I did however agree to send my daughter to ASU as I feel like she deserves to have the opportunity being such a good kid. My son is thinking CU in a couple of years. So, those gigs could cost me ~$340K total + inflation assuming 4 yrs each. I am going to figure out how to have them establish residency so years 2-4 will be in-state. The governing financial aid doc (FAFSA) says we can afford to pay ~23% of our gross or ~31% of our net for college, so no chance for financial aid. My daughter also had a 3.25 GPA from one of the top HS in the SW and got NO merit scholarships, so were on our own. BASICALLY, THE WHOLE ISSUE OF HOW MUCH IT COST FOR EDUCATION IS RIDICULOUS!
facepalm.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hotels with overly softened water. You feel slimy and not clean.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife is on the last leg of her PhD = crazy long hours, massive stress, emotional breakdowns at home. I've been through it too and know how much it sucks, but it's not a lot of fun from this end either. Sigh. Only a couple more months.
musicboohoo[1].gif

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a pretty lousy week.

Wednesday I woke up to find out our friends 6 year old son died from cancer the night before. He had been in treatment for the last 16 months and 3 weeks ago took a turn for the worse. It really hits home since he is the same age as my oldest daughter.

Today, my largest account, practically our only account, just told us they will not be doing business with us. This is through no fault of my own, as the account told my boss, but sucks nonetheless. I guess in light of my first paragraph who really cares.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny

Wednesday I woke up to find out our friends 6 year old son died from cancer the night before. He had been in treatment for the last 16 months and 3 weeks ago took a turn for the worse. It really hits home since he is the same age as my oldest daughter.

Today, my largest account, practically our only account, just told us they will not be doing business with us. This is through no fault of my own, as the account told my boss, but sucks nonetheless. I guess in light of my first paragraph who really cares.

Jesus, talk about a rough week. Best wishes to you TC.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tc, thats really sad man. sorry to hear it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny

Jeez that's a bad week. I'm sorry to hear and hope things get better from there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads