• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I have to quit my job. MY dissatisfaction has exponentially increased daily for about a month, I've been shaking for about three hours i'm too ******* angry, everything I've suggested has been shot down for about three months, I don't want to do the work i can't even think about spending five minutes longer here today.

That sucks.

My piss off story - I'm walking out of the SPYC with my GF on Sunday down in St. Pete. Beautiful day, we're on our way to get changed and then go to the Rays game and then driving back home to Tally. An older, well-dressed guy comes up and asks us to sign a petition for his senate campaign. He asks why we're so dressed up. I explain we had just come from church.
He snorts and says "Oh, you play that stupid game?"
I give the petition back and say, verbatim, "if you want to run for office, you probably shouldn't insult people when they make vague allusions to their belief systems. Might cost you some votes."
His response "Big words for a ******* Bible thumper. Just sign the petition you *****."
I smile and begin to walk away and say "Good luck with the campaign, sounds like it'll be a great investment of your time, man." and laugh.
He started yelling at that point, but I just us got out of there.

But for any aggro atheists looking for a candidate to back, here ya go - Peter Kovacs for US Senate. He could use your support.

Edit: Damn, when I tried to look up his website I got this....

http://mugshotsusa.com/pinellas-fl/10061

eh.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Glad you and the gf got out of there. He may have been looking for trouble.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That's pretty lulzy, especially considering how religious you aren't.

That was my thing. Most of my friends are atheists. I'm an pretty liberal/lax Christian, I go to church once a month at most. I wasn't trying to evangelize or anything, just answering his question.

So glad I walked away. If my GF hadn't been there, I almost certainly would not have; I would've jawed back. Dude would probably have pulled out a sword or something.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I have to quit my job. MY dissatisfaction has exponentially increased daily for about a month, I've been shaking for about three hours i'm too ******* angry, everything I've suggested has been shot down for about three months, I don't want to do the work i can't even think about spending five minutes longer here today.
Don't quit. You really want to look for a job when you're unemployed?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
trying to get a job at a law firm for the summer/school year if they allow me to come in on my days off. so much waiting involved
plain.gif

How much does copy boy pay these days?
confused.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
confused.gif

Certainly not as much as a surgical resident. Ohhhhhhh, snaaaaaaap.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Certainly not as much as a surgical resident. Ohhhhhhh, snaaaaaaap.

You need to stop this. It's like you talking about girls.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
confused.gif

I'm obviously not doing it for the pay, but for the experience. Working at a notable law firm is going to look good on any resume. Plus why are you ragging on a 20 year old student's pay??????

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious people still take neo seriously.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
At the Kennedy Center on Sat night. The guy next to us keeps pulling out his iPhone and turning it on. My wife and I both stare him down and he seems to get the hint. After the intermission he does yet another time so I lean over and say to him "Excuse me, but could you please stop turning your phone on? It is disturbing me." That's an exact quote.

He replies, "This is disturbing you?" I say "yes."

He says to me, "That's bullshit. Bullshit. It's bullshit this is bothering you." That's paraphrasing. And he just keeps repeating this for a while.

After the show out in the lobby, I can hear him talking **** about me to his friend. So I walk over and say to him, "Look, I asked you politely to turn your phone off and you cursed at me..." at which point he cuts me off and says something about how there's no way his phone was bothering me. Then his gf/wife jumps in with "if you weren't looking at it it wouldn't be bothering you." Apparently she has no peripheral vision and has to also must need to stare directly at a lamp to know if it's on or off.

At that point, dumbfounded, I just walked away. Please, someone assure me that he repeated his story yet again and a friend of his pointed out that he was being an asshole.

I'm not generally a fan of capital punishment but that motherfucker needs to be executed. Crucified upside down in front of his family.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
That was my thing. Most of my friends are atheists. I'm an pretty liberal/lax Christian, I go to church once a month at most. I wasn't trying to evangelize or anything, just answering his question.

So glad I walked away. If my GF hadn't been there, I almost certainly would not have; I would've jawed back. Dude would probably have pulled out a sword or something.

It's unbelievable someone running for office could be so ignorant and obnoxious. Holy ****.

I mean, I believe you that this happened, just can't believe such a douche thinks that attitude could garner any votes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I'm obviously not doing it for the pay, but for the experience. Working at a notable law firm is going to look good on any resume. Plus why are you ragging on a 20 year old student's pay??????

I'm not ragging on the pay. I'm happy to see you working.
wink.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads