• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things on the internet that bother you?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dormouse
Excessive use of smileys or emoticons.

Cool Avatar Dormouse !

I haven't seen Ultraman since ages
laugh.gif
bounce2.gif
smile.gif
worship.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Dormouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Cool Avatar Dormouse !

I haven't seen Ultraman since ages
laugh.gif
bounce2.gif
smile.gif
worship.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Ah well, it's better LOL or ROFL... I also don't care for those who type with their CAPS LOCK ON.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I roll my cursor over something on a web page, something pops up, a movie starts, an add opens up...

Leave my cursor alone!!!!!! If I want to click on something, I will!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any angry-self-smirking net humor and leet speak such as "oh noes" and "lol!!1!one", OMG X Roxors, haxors, pwned, any of that crap. The ____!!!1one thing has been over since I was like 15, and that's a really long time. Using this stuff to make fun of people who aren't as cool as you because they haven't been around the internet long enough and don't already know that the thing they're posting about is over and done with... reread that sentence, people.

Even though I occasionally use these things myself, I hate myself when I do it.

Also, using a Standardized Funny Internet JPEG With Text On It to respond to things - one that we've all seen a million times. Cat pictures occasionally pass this rule.

And last but definitely not least, text message writing such as "giv me ur opinnion guys" (I can't even make one up that looks real, thank god). I'm going to start timing people out for writing like this.

metkirk

Reaction score
marsupialed nested posts on certain forums, especially slashdot. I seriously hope whoever the &%&( invented that style of organizing posts die in some macabre accident.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
marsupialed nested posts on certain forums, especially slashdot. I seriously hope whoever the &%&( invented that style of organizing posts die in some macabre accident.

Nested threading has a place. When you have 500 posts per thread, good moderation/rating, and a dynamic site that allows expansion, the system works better than others.

When you have just a few posts per threads and a userbase who knows how to quote appropriately, flat works just fine.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The use of "+1" as a response on discussion boards....

What's wrong with, "I agree," "same here," or "me too?"

Stax

Reaction score
First!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Nested threading has a place. When you have 500 posts per thread, good moderation/rating, and a dynamic site that allows expansion, the system works better than others.

When you have just a few posts per threads and a userbase who knows how to quote appropriately, flat works just fine.

Multiquote kills threaded mode. Vbulletin has threaded mode and I considered forcing it when we went to vB, but now that there's multiquote and people increasingly use that, I like it a lot better. As long as people don't mind when threads go OT to some degree, flat mode is fine by me.

Reading threaded mode posts is really a pain if you're just trying to find some info on a forum you don't otherwise care to read all the time.

WSW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
The use of "+1" as a response on discussion boards....

What's wrong with, "I agree," "same here," or "me too?"

+1

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
I believe the Internet is past its prime in academia unless you pay for information.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads