• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things I learned from styleforum sw&d

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
having an ego over "owning plebes" and "having Lanvin jackets that cost more than all sneakers in this thread" is pretty lame man

jet is the biggest ******* clown on the Internet, ever. Kid drives an M3 but lives with mom and gets his rocks off by telling others how much better his clothing is than theirs. give me a ******* break.

i guess i can't blame jet for constantly provoking you when you're so damn easy

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love seeing how angry people get on the internet while I sit back and laugh at them.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i guess i can't blame jet for constantly provoking you when you're so damn easy

i guess i can't blame myself for constantly provoking you when you're so damn easy

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
i guess i can't blame myself for constantly provoking you when you're so damn easy

eh.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
haha I was laughing when I read that, so easy to prod I swear

du has the worst taste in everything he buys

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest I'd rather just have Jet's clothes than go to Stanford.

Mountains

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
To be honest I'd rather just have Jet's clothes than go to Stanford.
eh.gif

If Stanford didn't cost $50k a year, I'd be all over it. They don't really give much merit aid, though, so I couldn't even really look at it when I applied to colleges.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
eh.gif

If Stanford didn't cost $50k a year, I'd be all over it. They don't really give much merit aid, though, so I couldn't even really look at it when I applied to colleges.

Pretty much. I was recruited to play ball at various Ivy League schools (cue Ted Bundy moment) but they didn't offer scholarships so that was that. Happily my state had one of the top public schools in the country.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

**** i don't understand how someone could pay $50k a year for uni. My student loan will be about $60k total with postgrad and i'm wondering how many years it's gonna take to pay off.

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
**** i don't understand how someone could pay $50k a year for uni. My student loan will be about $60k total with postgrad and i'm wondering how many years it's gonna take to pay off.
Very few students pay the full tuition – according to their website, the average financial aid package was about $40,000. I feel that this is one of the most common misconceptions about top-tier schools in the US.

Mountains

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
Very few students pay the full tuition – according to their website, the average financial aid package was about $40,000. I feel that this is one of the most common misconceptions about top-tier schools in the US.
If your parents are poor, sure. Mine make decent money but (for reasons I won't go into here) can't really afford to pay very much of my college tuition, so I wasn't able to get any aid at "top-tier schools". The really best schools - the Ivies and their like - do not offer any merit aid.

dls6128

Reaction score
If your parents are poor, sure. Mine make decent money but (for reasons I won't go into here) can't really afford to pay very much of my college tuition, so I wasn't able to get any aid at "top-tier schools". The really best schools - the Ivies and their like - do not offer any merit aid.

Yeah, unfortunately people in your situation - whose parents can "afford" to send their kids to college, but refuse (or cannot, for other reasons) -Â get the short end of the stick. However, I would think that better financial aid regulations (not merit-based scholarships) would be the solution to that particular problem. I would guess that it would be difficult to decide recipients for merit-based scholarships amongst the student body that gets admitted to Stanford.

baba booey

Reaction score
The Persian ebonics are more humorous than anything...keep them coming....dawg!

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schpacko
18. the word "inspiring" on sf means "absolutely ridiculous and unwerable" in the real world.

Agreed to that, but well that's the "inspiring" in it. Sorry you don't get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads