Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thin socks for driver shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by camhabib, Sep 15, 2012.

1. camhabib

camhabib Active Member

Purchased a pair of drivers shoes recently that fit perfectly with those little nylon socks they give you to try on in store. Got home and they're just a bit too snug with my typical dress sock, and I don't feel comfortable wearing them sock-less. Looking for something no-show, or that shows but in a sport style (color, patter, etc), as thin as possible. Any recommendations or advice? Thanks.

2. phillycheese

phillycheese Well-Known Member

Perhaps try a half size bigger shoe.

3. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

A driver shoe would surely stretch a bit with wearing.

You should have no problems finding very thin socks though. Pantherella makes a range which they call 'fine guage' that are quite thin. Great for hot climates.

4. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Try going sockless...you might get used to it (it can be a bit liberating...though I'll admit that when I do I generally will pull my heels out while sitting to let them air.

Also, really cheap socks might do the trick. They're paper thin and you'll burn through a pair in a few months. But hey, they're cheap, so stockpile 'em.