1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thickness of suede

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oscarthewild, Apr 11, 2005.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I am in the midst of getting some shoes made and I was wondering if one could get some suede that was "thicker" than the usual offerings. Specifically I am looking for a dark blue suede. Anyone know sources?

-

2. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I believe cape buck from South Africa is a higher quality suede, with a denser and more 'luxurious' nap.

3. quill

quill Senior member

I know almost nothing about shoes, so please forgive my ignorant question, but if your shoes are being made, shouldn't the maker be the one to source the leather you're looking for? Seems like the maker would have experience doing this, and be familiar with what types of leathers are available in the marketplace. Just curious.

4. oscarthewild

My thoughts exactly. However, the vast ocean of knowledge at this forum may know of some sources not known by the makers. Just an attempt to get what I think I want. -

5. quill

quill Senior member

(quill @ April 11 2005,10:50) I know almost nothing about shoes, so please forgive my ignorant question, but if your shoes are being made, shouldn't the maker be the one to source the leather you're looking for? Seems like the maker would have experience doing this, and be familiar with what types of leathers are available in the marketplace. Just curious.
    My thoughts exactly. Â However, the vast ocean of knowledge at this forum may know of some sources not known by the makers. Â Just an attempt to get what I think I want. -
    Good thinking, oscarthewild. [​IMG]

6. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

7. oscarthewild

8. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

You might try contacting Tony Gaziano over at Edward Green in London. Just saw Tony's selection of suede this morning and it's very "toney" suede, indeed.
    Grayson

9. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Same source...