• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thick t shirts

jellywerker

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find some nice thick short sleeved shirts for winter wear? Athletic cut preferably. I hate long sleeves (on non dress shirts) and find sweaters and coats to be too constricting for a lot of my daily activities. I just want something comfortable, thick, and fitting. Materials don't matter much, I'm up for anything as long as it's thick.

If there isn't anything, any resources on sewing my own? I can sew a little and have access to all the necessary equipment.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pro 5 website
keeps hip-hop fans coming back for more of our fresh Pro 5 tees. Pro 5 T shirts are simply the heaviest tees predominantly worn in urban neighborhoods all over the map.

confused.gif

Racove

Reaction score
they sized down the neck opening, so you can size up your shirt! this is the hip-hop 'white tee'.... avoid!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jellywerker
Anyone know where I can find some nice thick short sleeved shirts for winter wear? Athletic cut preferably. I hate long sleeves (on non dress shirts) and find sweaters and coats to be too constricting for a lot of my daily activities. I just want something comfortable, thick, and fitting. Materials don't matter much, I'm up for anything as long as it's thick.

If there isn't anything, any resources on sewing my own? I can sew a little and have access to all the necessary equipment.

I'll put in a vote for Solis Company house brand t-shirts, which have now become my go-to. They're athletic-cut, and have a short hem so a guy who's less than 6' tall can wear them without looking sloppy. I don't know how thick you want the t-shirts, but they're certainly thicker than AA.

The shame is that everything else Solis sells is geared towards club douchebags and gay muscle dudes, which might cause other people to overlook a solid house brand because of it.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
try the camberusa.com 8 oz t shirt, they are not very athletic but the fabric is thick and heavy, ideal for winter ad they have a decent selection of colors

jellywerker

Reaction score
Thanks, but of all the options suggested, none seem to fit my particular vision, so I'll take a stab at making my own. I'll post when I have something tangible.

Brian SD

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Robert Geller t-shirts from this season are really thick. Almost like short-sleeved sweaters.

james nicolas

Reaction score
if you're looking for short-sleeved sweaters
alternative apparel makes one
2woezcw.jpg

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Hanes Perfect T's are pretty thick, and comfortable as well! Plus, 2-packs can be had at most any Target for under $10.

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
Hanes Perfect T's are pretty thick, and comfortable as well! Plus, 2-packs can be had at most any Target for under $10.

I agree, I also own a Dickies heavy shirt, its not athletic cut but its probably about the heaviest shirt I have felt.

Reaction score
flathead tee-shirts are really thick and beefy. really great shirts. i may prefer them over loopwheeler.

lizmasc

Reaction score
if you're looking for short-sleeved sweaters alternative apparel makes one

Cool.

Thanks for the pic that seem thick enough and pretty good
fight[1].gif
smiley2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads