• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves update? paging Get Smart?

presidentofvice

Reaction score
Hey Get Smart,

Just wondering how things are progressing. in the market for a new suit soon, and i loved the pics of you wearing that one button in WAYWN a while back...
worship.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
good timing....I should have at least a viewable website online this week....the "order form" isnt done but if anyone likes what they see you can just go thru me direct.

if yer in LA, I have a few first production models for sale at Camden Lock on Melrose/La Brea that I just gave them on sunday. There are several bands coming back from tour that want one buttons, and I'm making a few for some referrals right now so things are moving forward....

I'll be sure to update with a thread once the viewable site is online. cheers for the interest!

*oh and there's also a 3 button model...essentially the same cut but notched lapel, 3 button, horizontal pockets (not slanted). anyways, pics will be on the site in next couple days

minya

Reaction score
will there be a 2 button model available?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
at this time, I hadnt had any plans to, but if there's enough interest I'd definitely do one. to me, I figure since everyone only buttons one button on a 2 button jacket, just make it a one button to begin with. aside from the fact I just like the infrequency one sees single button suits when out and about

*btw, even tho I'm not planning on selling separates, if anyone *here* eventually just wants a jacket or just trousers, I can accomodate that too. I have a few sample trousers that I might have for sale for cheap once I get everything sorted...the catch on them is that once hemmed, the inseam will only be about 30", but considering they are meant to be worn with no break they should be be ok for most guys under 6' (my size 40 fit model is 6'3" and his inseam in my trouser comes to 32.5" for reference)

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well well well, what is all this? Why had I never heard anything about it before
smile.gif
?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
damn, now you've gone out and found out. oh well, guess the plug needs to be pulled now.
wink.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
damn, now you've gone out and found out. oh well, guess the plug needs to be pulled now.
wink.gif

Lol.

minya

Reaction score
I'd really like a 2 button model if possible -- I'm just not a fan of the way 1 button suits look...

but the timing couldn't be better. I'll be needing my first real proper suit for graduation this summer, and I doubt I'll find a better one than this.
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
right on Minya...I'll be able to accomodate your request so consider a 2 button in the works. when yer nearing grad time (or whenever yer ready), PM me and we'll work out specifics on the cut, button stance etc.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GS - How do you feel about interest in your suits as a more modernly-cut alternative to the traditional business suit? I know a lot of users, myself included, have hopes that you'll be putting out well-made, slimly cut (yet appropriate for business wear) suits more affordable than other suits in the same category. But is this a distortion of your vision for the label as (as best I can tell) a sort of rock star suit? Or have I misinterpreted your ideas about this line?

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the word on pricing? Will we always be able to buy direct from you or will it be distributor only?

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
What's the word on pricing? Will we always be able to buy direct from you or will it be distributor only?

In keeping with the name of the line, I bet it's a "steal."
frown.gif
bad joke

Can't wait for the site to go live, GS. Are you working with any bands that we'd know?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
GS - How do you feel about interest in your suits as a more modernly-cut alternative to the traditional business suit? I know a lot of users, myself included, have hopes that you'll be putting out well-made, slimly cut (yet appropriate for business wear) suits more affordable than other suits in the same category. But is this a distortion of your vision for the label as (as best I can tell) a sort of rock star suit? Or have I misinterpreted your ideas about this line?

It's really not intended to be a 'rockstar' suit at all, altho it can easily be that if you dress it up/down accordingly. In my opinion it could be worn as a work suit if you can get away with a tad of personality in your environment. I think the forum sometimes gives the work environment too much credit for negatively singling out outside-the-norm suits/clothes. The individual would have a better assessment of his environment than I ever could. But I can see my stuff being worn without any eyebrows lifting surreptitiously as there's nothing *too* extreme about it. I think it'd be cool if guys went to work wearing one of my pieces.

my 'tag line' of sorts is "suits made for guys who don't have to wear a suit but want to." ...so I guess that's the ultimate vision I have, since all i'm doing really is putting out what I wanted to and do wear for others to get into.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy

pricing is currently set as:

$500 retail for customized suit if you provide specs (sleeve, inseam etc) on one of my standard sizes (36-42). This has functional sleeve buttons and finished trousers.

$450 retail for a RTW which has 26" sleeves standard, non functional cuff, 38" unfinished trouser (all suits are floating canvas, satin lining, horn buttons)

for SFers I'll knock off $100 to above price and throw in free shipping anywhere in the world.

needless to say, I'm not in this to make a ton of $, as I'm selling with a small margin over my cost but as I have a day job, I can afford not to be too greedy.
bounce2.gif

I'm tired of seeing overpriced stuff everywhere, it's really making me sick seeing suits selling for $1000-1500 that should be at $300 so I thought I'd do something as an alternative. You're not getting a Kiton suit, but I'm definitely throwing in as many quality details within an affordable price point as I can.

Sean....yea some pretty well known groups. Don't really want to say right now who tho, since nothing is etched in stone and I'd feel like I was jinxing myself
tounge.gif

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason - Contact me with pictures (in a rush so can't do a search) and details. VERY interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics