1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

How can a sack suit be fitted?

a sack is columnar in shape. nearly any OTR sack is going to start off with a large chest (even for smaller sizes) and go straight down from there with no waist suppression. Mine will have a smaller chest, and just have the slightest shape at the waist with taking in the side seams a bit. So it's still a columnar sack, but not shaped to fit a fat guy. If you look in vintage stores and find American suits from the early 60s, nearly all of them are sacks with just a hint of a waist. My jackets are bumfreezer in length so that will offset the jacket's lack of a suppressed waist a bit and tie it all together to a look that's fitted but not defined.

but again, this is conceptual right now...we'll see how it looks IRL come sometime in februrary.

Patriotsfan....hopefully I'll have a light grey tweed for you to choose from.

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Get Smart,

I'd be interested in a one-button or maybe the three-button. I've never had a MTM suit before however - I assume if I gave you my professionally tailor-done measurements for a shirt they would work for a jacket? Or are the measurements taken slightly differently for suits? Thanks.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart,

I'd be interested in a one-button or maybe the three-button. I've never had a MTM suit before however - I assume if I gave you my professionally tailor-done measurements for a shirt they would work for a jacket? Or are the measurements taken slightly differently for suits? Thanks.

Metro, shoot me the shirt measurements you've gotten and I'll let you know if there's anything that I need clarifying or need. But those measurements should do fine.

PM me or shoot email to: info@thickasthievesla.com

4. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Well-Known Member

If I custom order, would I have the choice of no ticket pocket on the 1B? Apart from that, I'd probably do one for work...I'm the "cool" guy in my building!

Also, just curious, who is the fabric maker you use? And also, what kind of buttons?

+1 to the mad props eminating in your direction...

5. Get Smart

yea, omitting the ticket pocket is easy enough to do

buttons are horn, don't know the specific mill fabrics came from.

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

so when does Brians suit get delivered?

7. Get Smart

hopefully he'll have it in his hands by end of next week

8. Borky

Borky Well-Known Member

I'm interested in one of these, but I have no clue about measurements. Measuring myself, I get a variety of measurements that don't seem to match up with any of the specs online. For example I have about a 29-30 waist, but 9.5 across the thigh (exactly at what point is this taken at?) would be too tight.

9. Get Smart

9.5" across the thigh means a circumference of 19" around. for example my thigh is 18" around (measured mid-thigh), so I can fit into the legs of my size 30 trouser, but it's a bit tight. I wear a size 32 trouser which is 10.5" across thigh (21" total) so it gives me the right amount of room to move about freely.

unless you have exceptionally thick legs (muscular or whatever) the waist corresponds with the legs pretty uniformly for majority of guys.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

so when does Brians suit get delivered?

Don't make me cry, okay?[​IMG]

I can't wait. Just imagine how stylish I'm going to be teaching in Japan. Maybe I'll get a job at an all girl high school (I know I can request it, just not sure if I'd actually want to). I'm starting to collect a pretty nice suit collection. Black Jil Sander 2.5b, grey Margiela 14 2b, TAT 1b, a couple odd sports jackets from YSL, Etro.

I'm planning on having at least 3 or 4 TAT suits before I move to Japan. I really want a 2-button in the Prince of Wales and the sack suit style in tweed.

11. designprofessor

designprofessor Well-Known Member

GS, I appreciate and admire the hands on approach!
    I agree with Brian's post and don't split up the line -just ALL quality. I'm definately eyeing one of these. As I may be on the west coast this summer, perhaps we can meet up and work a custom job from there.
    Till then, i'm gonna go get a 60's muscle car to go with the suit.[​IMG]

12. Get Smart

Till then, i'm gonna go get a 60's muscle car to go with the suit.[​IMG]

Here is the car you need!! (or your GFs new one)

13. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Here is the car you need!! (or your GFs new one)

[​IMG]

14. raley

raley Well-Known Member

Sorry if you answered this already, I think Jovan asked, but I didn't see it get answered:

What style of pockets do the pants have, and how many back pockets are there?

15. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

The hip pockets are frogmouth, while there is one buttoned back pocket on the right.

I have a very odd request to make, either for this thread, the website or both. Can you turn one of the jackets inside out and take a picture so we can see what the lining, inside pockets, etc. are like?

16. Get Smart

yea the trousers are frogmouth pockets at front, one rear pocket

don't have any inside shots at the 'mo, but it's a basic setup, 2 breast inner pockets and a couple smaller ones below the right inner breast pocket. next time I do a big update to site I'll try to remember to throw some up

linings are in different colors depending on your mood or mine.

17. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

I'm planning on having at least 3 or 4 TAT suits before I move to Japan. I really want a 2-button in the Prince of Wales and the sack suit style in tweed.
    when do you go?

The English teachers here are pretty easy to spot. The 3 buck ties, the sport socks, the shirt necks three inches too big.

Yeah, youll be pimpin in Nippon man [​IMG]

18. skalogre

yea the trousers are frogmouth pockets at front, one rear pocket

don't have any inside shots at the 'mo, but it's a basic setup, 2 breast inner pockets and a couple smaller ones below the right inner breast pocket. next time I do a big update to site I'll try to remember to throw some up

linings are in different colors depending on your mood or mine.

Is there an option for crazy lining colours, like maybe plum or fuchsia?

19. Get Smart

Is there an option for crazy lining colours, like maybe plum or fuchsia?

yep..... my grey suit has a plum-ish lining, and one I made for someone has a hot-pink/fuschia-ish lining

20. skalogre

yep..... my grey suit has a plum-ish lining, and one I made for someone has a hot-pink/fuschia-ish lining
    Wow, Jason, I really need to scrounge up the bob for one of these beauts. Any swatches yet of that blue on blue windowpane you mentioned? Edit: Good to see that I still cannot type anything right... fuchsia...lol