Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

hopefully you'll have it in your hands during the week of Jan 22-26

...and I met up with a friend at the Rose Bowl swapmeet this morning who is going to introduce me to his own knitwear maker, who's supposedly awesome, is supposedly inexpensive, and is LA local. *fingers crossed that this guy works out*

Just make sure you announce it when I'm not wearing my TaT suit. I hate ruining new clothing with piss stains =[

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

So will we have to wait for advertising campaign by Joel-Peter Witkin?

3. studio253

studio253 Senior member

Hey Jason. Congrats on the new venture. How about hooking up some of us big guys 52L US with a 42 waist [​IMG]

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

So will we have to wait for advertising campaign by Joel-Peter Witkin?

That would be rad to dress a one armed, midget pinhead, with nails stuck in his eyes

Studio, PM me and we can see what we can sort out.

5. Homme

Homme Senior member

The suits look amazing, and your generosity towards other styleforum members really is something. In Australia we'd say "You're a champion maaaaate".

+ Definately interested in the 3 button.

6. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

The suits look amazing, and your generosity towards other styleforum members really is something. In Australia we'd say "You're a champion maaaaate".

+ Definately interested in the 3 button.

I second that. $400 for a fully canvassed suit, quality too, you gotta be kidding if he's not generous.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

thanks. as I'm not doing this as a primary source of income, it gives me flexibility to offer a price where you're definitely getting your money's worth, as most suits in my price range ($500-600) that I've come across I would never want to spend that much for. If I were to take this to a mass retail market, upon figuring out the various upcharges of being in a store like, say Macys/Bloomingdales, the retail price for my suit would probably be more in the range of $1200+, depending on how big of a margin the store would want to be able to discount it for 50%+ off at sale time and still make money. and then if I were to heavily advertise, well it's no wonder designer products cost so much at retail.

8. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

I sent ya a pm!

9. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Man, I would be so on top of this if I could find a practical reason for owning a suit other than automatically having the coveted GS Seal of Approval in WAYWN

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Man, I would be so on top of this if I could find a practical reason for owning a suit other than automatically having the coveted GS Seal of Approval in WAYWN

i dunno, sounds like a good enough reason [​IMG]

11. csgrad

csgrad Senior member

Hmm, think I'll be placing an order soon. Can't wait for the fabric swatches. Good job man.

12. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

Jason: congratulations on this venture. These are really cool. And an amazing price point. I've been keeping my eyes open for a suit with a close fit, good construction, but a reasonable price. I thought it was impossible... but it looks like you've hit it. I'd really like to try one next time I'm in LA, if you end up getting any showroom or retail presence. I'll keep my eyes out for your perfect white shirt as well. If it follows the example of the suits, I'll probably think it's perfect too.

Good luck with this.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

thanks KSM...as soon as I can source the right white fabric, the shirts will be next in line.

14. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I dig.

One of the models has a "Kent Wang meets Reservoir Dog and they go to a revival house showing Diva" aesthetic going.

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Love the suits. I will definitely try to work one into my budget over the next month or two. I just bought a new suit this week, but I think I could use another and I loooove the one button.