Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Holy shit, tiecollector, you look scarily like me in those pictures. Weird.

I KNEW IT! Damn steez clones are on the board! That explains a lot!

[​IMG]

Looks good btw, I am getting even antsier now for mine to arrive...

2. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I notice that you only have two buttons on each sleeve; is that by request or standard?

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I notice that you only have two buttons on each sleeve; is that by request or standard?

That is standard, and they are functional. After the pics, I unbuttoned one of em... but I won't tell you which one.....[​IMG]

4. coiol

coiol Well-Known Member

Just got my one-button in black today. The trousers fit great out of the box, although they are very tight in the seat and I'm not a huge fan of the pockets (I can't fit anything more than one finger in them). I may get the seat taken out just a touch.

The jacket fits well too, if a little tight at the shoulders (probably my fault with the measurements). I may get the sides taken in a bit as well since there's a small amount of flaring out at the bottom.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What do you guys think? I also need to find some cool socks now [​IMG]

5. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

It looks great; that is what I hope mine will come out as. The sleeves are absolutely perfect. The pants look a touch tight throughout the thigh area and I would let out the seat.

I think that may be the nicest one yet save for GS

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Glenn, that looks really sharp on you. There's enough to let the seat out by up to 1.5"ish which should be more than enough.

I just recently revised the pattern last week to add an inch to the seat of all trousers so hopefully a tight fit around the hips won't be as much of an issue from now on.

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I like my pants in the leg, but I just dropped them off at my tailor to have the seat and waist adjusted. The waist was a little big and the hips too baggy. I think they will be perfect (and comfortable) once I get them back on Wednesday.

I'm not sure how much GS added to my thigh measurements. I told him my tailor recommended adding 2.5". The legs are perfectly comfortable though.

Another suggestion for the design, would be to make the slits on the buttonholes at least look longer. I would make the cuff buttons kiss too.

Oh yeah, the black suit looks good too!

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Glenn, that looks really sharp on you. There's enough to let the seat out by up to 1.5"ish which should be more than enough.

I just recently revised the pattern last week to add an inch to the seat of all trousers so hopefully a tight fit around the hips won't be as much of an issue from now on.

Excellent. Apparently I have enough of an arse by American standards to assure a weird fit at times so that helps [​IMG]

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

coiol, I think the fit looks great. Very sharp, dude.

I'm still in awe that we have the ability to get such nicely fitting suits at such a good price. This kind of ish is a RARITY. When's the last time you ever saw a guy who wore such a smart looking suit? I see guys wearing Dior Homme at the department store, bee logo stickin out everywhere, jewelry and belt and all, and the fit *still* isn't on point like TAT.

10. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Jason, I think you should hit up Conan O'Brien for a 3 button suit. His suits seem to fit pretty slim...it would be sick to see him wearing one on national tv.

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

is it possible to get a functional top button on one of the one button jackets? like so?

[​IMG]

i haven't even looked into measurements as i think i might be out in LA in july so i'd figure i'd let the master make the measurements, but i'm leaning towards a dark gray/charcoal one button suit.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

hey Poly, hit me up if yer ever in town.

as far as the functional top button, yea that'd be an easy detail to accomodate.

13. jett

jett Senior member

that looks really good. I can't wait to order mine.

14. bwong337

bwong337 Senior member

My suit's here! It looks great! Pics taken with a Macbook Pro isight, so sorry for the low quality. It's a two button charcoal gray suit, blue lining, conservative business cut. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The pocket looks messed up on this because i forgot to straighten it out before taking the pic. Thanks, Jason!

15. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Looks good, but how come your 2B has 4 buttons on the cuffs? I think you need a more conservative looking, better fitting shirt. The jacket could benefit from a good steaming to take out the wrinkles, especially in the arms. Also, maybe your shirt sleeves are a little long, but it looks like you're showing a lot of cuff. Not an extreme amount, but more than I'd be comfortable with.