Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Here's some other pictures of the darted 3-2 from sam's Buying and Selling thread. Anyone who wants a TaT suit and is a 38-40" chest should check it out.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

For some reason I forgot to ask but, how much fuller exactly? Do the trousers still taper at the end?

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

just a bit. trousers still taper. currently a 38 trouser has a 7.5" bottom, the corresponding sack trouser will, by default, have a tad wider 8" bottom and another inch thru the hips/thighs. unfortunately, with spring/summer coming on, there isnt a practical point to offering the tweeds, but I plan to upload my tweed selection by mid-april just so it's there. not like I'm following a seasonally relevent offering anyways

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Hmm. So I could get the fuller cut trousers with a regular jacket, right? They would probably fit me better since I have muscular legs.

5. csgrad

csgrad Senior member

Hmm, I'm really liking the 2 button suit. I think 2 button, darted, peak lapels, non hacking pockets, 1 inch extra length, should provide a nice sleek suit without to much of the mod look, which wouldn't fit my figure to well.

6. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

csgrad: This is made to measure, not bespoke. Basically a few of the measurements and things can be tweaked, but I'm not certain he's offering a peak lapel with two buttons or the choice of pocket slant.

7. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

csgrad: This is made to measure, not bespoke. Basically a few of the measurements and things can be tweaked, but I'm not certain he's offering a peak lapel with two buttons or the choice of pocket slant.

MTM would offer a lapel choice, and pocket choice. Bespoke would be getting into details like button stance, lapel width, etc. IIRC, I asked Jason some questions regarding suit options... he said the peak/notch lapel can be changed, as well as the hacking/no hack pocket, and the ticket/no ticket option. When I looked at MTM suits before ordering a TaT suit... they all had these options.

I had a 3B converted to a 2B even though a 2B isn't on the menu. So while it's not bespoke... it's pretty damn close to if that's what you really want.

8. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Hmm. So I could get the fuller cut trousers with a regular jacket, right? They would probably fit me better since I have muscular legs.

Yes... even the pants are customizable to some extent. My pants have the top block of a 38, but the bottom of a 40. And my suit is a 38.

9. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Interesting. From what I can gather he wouldn't do anything like offer side adjusters instead of belt loops or normal trouser pockets though.

10. csgrad

csgrad Senior member

Quick question, which button stance has the lowest gorge? One button, the new converted 2 button, or 3/2 roll?

11. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

They all seem to have roughly the same gorge to me.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

they're all high gorge. not obscenely high, but higher than 'normal'

13. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I've been meaning to ask, and I hope you won't kill me if it's been answered before...

What is/are the armhole circumference(s)? Blame Fedora Lounge, they got me obsessed with armhole fit.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

about 19" circumference on a size 38

15. csgrad

csgrad Senior member

Is there a difference between gorge/lapel roll of the 1 button and 2 button? Also is there an option for no flap pockets?