Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior member

I'd be interested in a suit similar to that of the gentlemen on the right in Alanc's last picture.

2. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior member

Photo taken by GS since it's not in my hands yet. Here's my 2B suit (converted from a 3B) in charcoal. Standard 38" chest, lengthened by 1".

GetSmart do you have any pics of that 3 button that got made up for my order? love to see how it would've actually looked if I had chosen it.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

GetSmart do you have any pics of that 3 button that got made up for my order? love to see how it would've actually looked if I had chosen it.

not at the mo'...it's at Camden Lock sitting on the rack as a size 34 sample

but it actually turned out pretty great, if the one-button turns out as good I think you'll be stoked

4. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Do you still have that navy windowpane fabric that the example 3B from the "Clothes" page is in? I might be needing a new suit in a month or so and that pattern looks pretty killer.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yep the navy windowcheck is available. I'm going to do an update mid April which will have some new fabrics (mostly tweeds, and the navy windowcheck will be up too)

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

so here's some pics of Rodney Bingenheimer (Rodney on the ROQ) getting his *star* on the Hollywood Walk of Fame wearing one of my black suits last week!!

writeup:

Famed Disc Jockey Receives Star On Walk Of Fame

(CBS) HOLLYWOOD, Calif. Longtime KROQ FM (106.7) disc jockey and pop impresario Rodney Bingenheimer will receive the 2,330th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Friday, culminating a campaign by fans on his behalf.

The rock band The Bangles and "NCIS" cast member Pauley Perrette will join Bingenheimer in speaking at the late-morning ceremony on Hollywood Boulevard.

Dubbed "Mayor of the Sunset Strip," "The Prince of Pop" and "punk rock's biggest cheerleader," Bingenheimer has hosted "Rodney on the Roq" on KROQ since 1976. He was the first disc jockey to play records by such bands as The Runaways, The Clash, The Cure, Blondie, The Ramones, Van Halen, Duran Duran, No Doubt and Coldplay.

Before joining KROQ, when it was a weak-signaled station broadcasting from Pasadena, he owned a Sunset Boulevard nightclub, Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco, which introduced much of Los Angeles to glam rock in the 1970s.

In the 1960s, Bingenheimer auditioned for a role on the NBC series "The Monkees" that eventually went to Davy Jones, but he became Jones' stand-in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not too keen on his choice of footwear, but whatchya gonna do?!!

7. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

He seriously needs to unfasten the bottom button. It's pulling like crazy! And what's with the hair?

8. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

He seriously needs to unfasten the bottom button. It's pulling like crazy! And what's with the hair?
    And the top button too? [​IMG] Regarding his ahem, choice of footwear... how tall is he? Those shoes could be constructed to add a few inches of height. Anyway, the suit looks like it fit him perfectly. I really love the 3B design man!

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

he seriously needs to do whatever he wants, guy's a f'ing legend....if yer into good music.

Bandwagon, he's a tiny guy....size 34 jacket, 28" waist...about 5'4" I'm guessing.

10. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

He can be a legend all he wants, but that doesn't stop me from making useful criticisms.

11. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

he seriously needs to do whatever he wants, guy's a f'ing legend....if yer into good music.

Agree.. just think of the shit we'd be listening to now without the acts he helped make big here in North America.

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Getting even more excited for my 3-button now....

13. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

And the top button too? [​IMG]
    I'm not that big a stickler on that, but all three buttons done up tend to look slightly silly, IMO. At minimum, the bottom one should be left unfastened.

14. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I'm sure you've answered this a million times, but I could get the three button as a 3-2 roll, right? I like the sack pictures you posted because the roll is beautiful, but I definitely want darts.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yes, you can get the darted 3 button as a roll 2