1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

1 fucking millimeter. honestly?

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

1 fucking millimeter. honestly?

lol for real, how do you even tell

3. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Just chiming in.
    I wanted a suit, he met me in smokey Vegas hotel room, measured me, had me the suit with the fabric i chose 6 or 7 weeks later. I couldn't believe the way it fit.
    I had the pant inseam taken up 1.5" and it's the best fitting suit i own. If i wore suits more often i'd honestly order 5 more.
    Not that THAT'S going to stop me, i'm gonna get another later this year.
    I'm still in disbelief how well the damn thing fit right off the bat. The details he suggested were exactly what i was looking for in a suit, somewhat unconventional, a little vintage, but not overly so.
    A+++++ WILL DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

J is an upstanding guy and has always been more than accommodating.

The reason there is no address or phone number is because this is his side project. E-mail is the best form of communication that works for him and he responds quickly.

There isn't anywhere to visit and if he put up a phone number he probably wouldn't answer for most of the day, which looks worse than only having an e-mail.

5. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Senior member

I can't believe that after a 240some page thread, some guy is questioning TaT and Jason...

Jason is extremely responsive via email. My turn around time has never been longer than three weeks including shipping. As Kiya, if I had to wear suits more, I'd stock my closet. Incredible value.

Get over your "70 year old, scared of the computer" mentality and order. It will feel good.

-dave

6. bmms8

bmms8 Active Member

i purchased a suit from Jason a few days ago.. i have been very persistent on questions, some out of the ordinary. he has always replied in a timely manner. this thread alone had me sold, and i plan on getting 2-3 more from him, once i get the correct fitting [​IMG]

7. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

Just chiming in.
    I wanted a suit, he met me in smokey Vegas hotel room, measured me, had me the suit with the fabric i chose 6 or 7 weeks later. I couldn't believe the way it fit.
    I had the pant inseam taken up 1.5" and it's the best fitting suit i own. If i wore suits more often i'd honestly order 5 more.
    Not that THAT'S going to stop me, i'm gonna get another later this year.
    I'm still in disbelief how well the damn thing fit right off the bat. The details he suggested were exactly what i was looking for in a suit, somewhat unconventional, a little vintage, but not overly so.
    A+++++ WILL DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN

Did you happen to take pics by any chance?

8. echau

echau Senior member

+1, please post some pics kiya!

9. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Hey, Get Smart, i was wondering if you were up for creating suits w/ a more rounded suit lapel as opposed to the standard model. Something along the lines of these perhaps...

You don't want that - a round lapel like that means the jacket is improperly constructed.

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Good looking website from thick as thieves. Contact details appear to be email only, no apparent phone number or address though. Email only seems rather suspicious to me.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Are you fucking kidding me? Jason has thousands of posts on here, has met several people from the site irl, and has sold to at least a hundred sf'ers.

11. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Jason's the man. Just received a midnight blue tux from him. The fit is great considering this is the first time I ordered from him. Excuse the sloppy bow-tie and my shirt sleeves need a bit of adjustments, just snapped this quickly to post up. This is for my wedding in a couple weeks, Jason hooked it up proper.

[​IMG]

12. LittleTimmy

LittleTimmy Member

Impressive. I think you are featured in his lookbook blog. I guess he likes how it turned out as well. Although, I don't think he said it was blue, so I assumed it was black.

13. perpetua

perpetua Senior member

Any new summer fabrics on tap?

14. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Impressive. I think you are featured in his lookbook blog. I guess he likes how it turned out as well. Although, I don't think he said it was blue, so I assumed it was black.

Hah, didn't know I was getting airtime on his blog...glad he blurred the face. This photo's a bit cleaner. It's freshly pressed after I had the pants adjusted to be no break...though in this photo it looks like they might be a hair too short. Overall really happy with the result. Jason's very responsive and for what I paid, the tux looks great.

15. office drone

office drone Senior member

Just noticed on Jason's website that their jackets will have no shoulder padding at all, unless you specify otherwise. Anyone have any experience with the new jackets?

16. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Just noticed on Jason's website that their jackets will have no shoulder padding at all, unless you specify otherwise. Anyone have any experience with the new jackets?

My tux above is the deconstructed no shoulder pad.

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Just a quick note that late spring's been really busy so currently turnaround is a bit slower than normal, about a week or so behind right now. If you have an order that was placed around end of April, they probably wont go out until next week or so. Sorry for any inconvenience but you can always email me if you have a specific question about when you think your order will mail out.

Meantime, no "rush" orders will be taken, which means that the "cut in front of line" surcharge option is not an option at the moment, not until things are back to a standard 4 week turnaround time. I've gotten quite a few rush requests but sorry they can't be accomodated at the moment, as that will only unfairly delay those who have orders already placed and have been patiently waiting.

18. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I'm going to be kopping my first suit later this summer, and am almost certain I'm going to be going with TAT as my proportions basically make a custom suit a necessity.

19. insideman

insideman Senior member

I haven't had the chance to read through this thread; Is he ever available to do measurements in NYC?

20. insideman

insideman Senior member