Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

actually they *are* patch pockets on a 1 button

2. Kris

Kris Senior member

I don't think they're patch pockets, just flapped.

Patch pockets with flaps, in fact. We're all right, alright?

[​IMG]

3. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

johnnylaw, i wish my suit fit that well. Perfect fit.

I've never felt like such a fatty. I'm going to take mine to the tailor later this week to see what the problem is.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ yea it's odd....from the measurements you gave me we're 98% the exact same size except you're a bit taller so it shoulda been a no-brainer on fit. Email me what you find out...

5. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

johnnylaw, i wish my suit fit that well. Perfect fit.

I've never felt like such a fatty. I'm going to take mine to the tailor later this week to see what the problem is.

Thanks, but it is my second try. It's hard to get the measurements exactly right the first time, and I doubt that you can boil down the shape of the human body to a dozen measurements.

Your tailor probably knows best, but it seems to me that you need more room in the shoulders and chest. Maybe a longer jacket would balance you out better as well.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Fuck, johnny. That looks really really good. Pretty slimming for the "conservative" cut too. I can tell the jacket's a big longer and the lapels a bit wider but looks dope.

7. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I wish my jacket fit as well as Johnny's. Any tips? Anyway, with a different shirt, the cuffs look normal this time... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Jason, any chance you could source some fabric like PG's in this post: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=22163 ? I'm wanting to go with a textured brown for my next suit, but haven't fallen in love with anything yet. I may ask you to send me a few swatches again.

9. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

Finally I've saved up enough for a TaT suit [​IMG]

Jason, I'm in need of a suit for my upcoming interviews. Some questions for you:

I'm 5ft7 and 128lbs, do you think 3 button works better on me or 2?

Is the harris tweed slightly less formal but warmer than the grey flannel? I think wearing heavier looking cloth would give my look a little more structure and weight correct?

Is it possible for me to send you my custom made shirt and pants so you could get me a more precise cut?

Thanks and I'll be emailing you the measurements in the next few days [​IMG]

10. chronic

chronic Senior member

2B house cut in midnight navy. Excuse the crappy iPhone pic. Only adjustment was to let the pants out 1". All I need now is a slim-fitting shirt with a smaller collar...looking forward to the TaT shirts. Thanks again, Jason!
    [​IMG]

11. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

2B house cut in midnight navy. Excuse the crappy iPhone pic. Only adjustment was to let the pants out 1". All I need now is a slim-fitting shirt with a smaller collar...looking forward to the TaT shirts. Thanks again, Jason!

Re: shirt collars.
    I am having some shirts made up next month. Would a smaller than usual collar or a spread collar look better?

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I'm 5ft7 and 128lbs, do you think 3 button works better on me or 2?

Is the harris tweed slightly less formal but warmer than the grey flannel? I think wearing heavier looking cloth would give my look a little more structure and weight correct?

Is it possible for me to send you my custom made shirt and pants so you could get me a more precise cut?

Thanks and I'll be emailing you the measurements in the next few days [​IMG]

probably the 2. The way I prefer to make a 3 button is a higher button stance so less shirt shows, but that's not how everyone likes a 3 button these days

the harris tweed isnt that thick (in comparison the the typical harris) and is pretty soft and drapey. It's slightly thicker than the grey flannel but not much more. Yea a heavier fabric would def give you more "weight and structure"

sure, that can only help

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Re: shirt collars.
    I am having some shirts made up next month. Would a smaller than usual collar or a spread collar look better?

the jacket sleeve looks totally normal now in the new pics

I would make the collar smaller than normal, but not any less than 2" across with a normal spread (not a huge spread/cutaway)...and make sure the collarband height is proportional to the collar size. so if you make 2" collars, keep the back collarband around 1.5"

14. highball

highball Senior member

Chronic, looks great. I'm hoping mine turns out as well. Was that your first TaT order or have you done a few to refine the measurements?

15. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Hey Jason - has anyone ordered a DB suit yet? Or do I have to be a pioneer?

I was the SFer who bought one.

I'll have to get some pictures up soon. I just moved, so I am still living out of boxes at the moment.

What's nice about the 4x2 is that you can wear all buttons done, as Jason does on the TaT site, just the top button, OR just the bottom button, like the Duke of Kent did.[​IMG]

Very versatile.

I bought the DB in the dark grey Glen Plaid. It's gorgeous.