Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Quick shot of the new TaT. Damn....these suits are great.

[​IMG]

2. notation

notation Member

Quick shot of the new TaT. Damn....these suits are great.
    That looks great. What type of fabric is that?

3. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

Jason, I noticed on the site that the 'standard wool' does not appear to be available in navy. Are there plans to add any standard navy colors? The only non-flannel navy wool seems to be the 'dark navy' upgraded wool, but this looks to be a bit lighter than what I think of as a typical navy (could be my monitor). Do you have any pictures of this fabric in the flesh?
    The upgraded dark navy wool is really really dark, very close to midnight. I would take a picture but it would probably just come out indistinguishable from black with my photography skills and lighting environment.

4. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion Senior member

I'm eagerly looking forward to the white shirt...it's been tough to find well-fitting dress shirts under $100. The closest that comes to fitting me is RLBL. I hope the TaT shirt will be for a similar build (with less waist).

5. highball

highball Senior member

The upgraded dark navy wool is really really dark, very close to midnight. I would take a picture but it would probably just come out indistinguishable from black with my photography skills and lighting environment.

Bummer. I was hoping to order something conservative-ish in some kind of Navy that isn't too dark. What are the opinions on the 'Dark Navy' and 'Vivid Blue' flannels in terms of color, versatility, etc? I'm hoping to find a fabric I can wear year-round, so a little hesitant to go with a flannel.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ those flannels cant be worn year round unless you are in Finland or somewhere cooler

I dont personally like navy, which is why I didnt even offer it for the first 6 months or so. It's hard to find a good navy, to my eyes at least. I like greycast navy that isnt so magenta heavy, which the typical navy blue is, at least in suitings.

7. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

In that case, what would your choice be for a midnight/dark navy fabric, but in wool? A light wool, that is...

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ i only have 1 dark navy, it's about 10oz the lightest i have, it's the navy on the website in "upgraded fabrics" for $473

9. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

Bummer. I was hoping to order something conservative-ish in some kind of Navy that isn't too dark. What are the opinions on the 'Dark Navy' and 'Vivid Blue' flannels in terms of color, versatility, etc? I'm hoping to find a fabric I can wear year-round, so a little hesitant to go with a flannel.
    actually I have to amend my statement a bit after wearing the suit out today and seeing it in bright natural daylight, fluorscent lighting, and incandescent lighting

in the yellow incandescent lighting that I have in the house, it appears very dark, nearly a true black...I guess similar to the property of a true midnight blue (appearing blacker than black, whereas black takes on a greenish tint in this sort of lighting)

in natural light and fluorescent lighting though, you can definately tell it has the blue navy hue to it

10. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

maybe this will help you to judge the relative color compared to a navy blue knit tie whose color I would consider more standard navy versus the dark navy of the suit

[​IMG]

11. djs488

djs488 Senior member

^^ thanks for the comparison, that is helpful. Jason, are you actively looking for a lighter navy blue? Or are you just as happy not to stock it? I ask because I'm looking forward to ordering a navy blazer but not in midnight.

12. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I just got my TaT suit today! Medium gray, 1-button notch lapel house cut. I'm happy with the fit, specially since I measured myself without any help. The sleeves are a tad short though so I'm getting them let out around 1/2", and the pants are getting hemmed to no-break length as well. Should I have the alterations done first, before having the suit pressed or should the suit be pressed first before I bring it to the tailor?

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the tailor can do both so I don't think it should matter.

You can let down the sleeves up to another 1" even with functional cuffs, but if you go the full inch you'll need to have a new buttonhole sewn. At .5" it's sort of up to you since it's on that point where you could sew another button in, or you could leave it.

14. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Great fit on that suit! Makes me think I should get the sides taken in on mine. Just a slight bit too wide.

15. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Ah dang, was gonna order my suit around Oct. But I'll probably have to delay it till Jan lol. Honestly can't wait <.<