1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Mexicorn

Mexicorn Well-Known Member

I think a google search on whether to have your suit dry cleaned right after you first purchase it brought me to here (still not sure).

I'm not affiliated with TaT, but I would say just get the suit pressed. In general I dry clean suits as little as possible to prolong their life.

2. JacobJacob

JacobJacob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Super nice..

3. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

I really wish I would have known about TaT before I dropped a grand for some questionably fitting suits at Men's Wearhouse.

I'm not sure you can be saved.

4. SerialComma

SerialComma Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I just received my new TaT suit for my upcoming wedding, and I'll post pictures once I've had a chance to get it pressed. I've been having trouble finding a slim-cut, white shirt, however, as I've got a pencil neck and monkey arms (15.5 x 37). I've checked with Brooks Brothers, Paul Stuart, basically all the places I thought would carry the size, to no avail. I finally placed an order with Charles Tyrwhitt, but I won't receive it until the middle of June because it's coming from the UK. I don't feel comfortable waiting until then in case it doesn't fit the bill, so I'd like to find another and be safe. Of course, there's made to measure and custom options, but my silly self didn't allow myself enough time (I'm getting married at the end of June!). So if any of you have suggestions, I'd be extremely grateful. For what it's worth, I live in NYC. Thanks!

5. w.kevin

w.kevin Well-Known Member

I've been having trouble finding a slim-cut, white shirt, however, as I've got a pencil neck and monkey arms (15.5 x 37).
    Kent Wang makes great shirts ( http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=104376&page=4). Everything is slim-fit, especially the arms which are not baggy at all. I received both my TaT suit and KW shirt today, very happy with both. Pics coming when I get a chance.

6. hotpot

hotpot Member

wow. ozarks fit is exactly what i'm looking for. i've got the same thigh and inseam measurements but can never find pants that make me look tall.

7. jkswiss

jkswiss New Member

I'm not sure you can be saved.
    Lol, why can't I be saved? I only have 2 suits and a CK blazer. I'm just starting out and I didn't even consider the possibility that m2m would be in my price range. I'm in my final year of business school so I'm not exactly rolling in cash...and the way the economy is looking, I won't be for quite a while either. I'll probably get one in the conservative cut, seeing as how I'm shooting to be an accountant....and the two suits that I did buy were grey and..........................................................black. Did not know that black suits were a no no, saw a 200 page thread on why black absolutely sucks as a suit, good for only funerals it seems. Guess I better get one in charcoal from TaT.
    I'm not affiliated with TaT, but I would say just get the suit pressed. In general I dry clean suits as little as possible to prolong their life.
    I was weighing the prolonging of life with the fact that a bunch of strangers probably touched the suit assembling it, trying it on at the store, then when I had it tailored. I wash everything before I wear it but it seems that every dry cleaning of a suit counts.

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

Lol, why can't I be saved? I only have 2 suits and a CK blazer. I'm just starting out and I didn't even consider the possibility that m2m would be in my price range. I'm in my final year of business school so I'm not exactly rolling in cash...and the way the economy is looking, I won't be for quite a while either.

I'll probably get one in the conservative cut, seeing as how I'm shooting to be an accountant....and the two suits that I did buy were grey and..........................................................black.

Did not know that black suits were a no no, saw a 200 page thread on why black absolutely sucks as a suit, good for only funerals it seems. Guess I better get one in charcoal from TaT.

I was weighing the prolonging of life with the fact that a bunch of strangers probably touched the suit assembling it, trying it on at the store, then when I had it tailored. I wash everything before I wear it but it seems that every dry cleaning of a suit counts.

Welcome to styleforum! Seems you are one of the smarter new people here, who actually read before making 5000 posts about dumb questions. I would go with the conservative cut for business. Personally I dry clean my suits the first time, but that is just me. But yes every dry clean counts...

9. Hyped31

Hyped31 Active Member

Just a question regarding the lining. It looks like many of you have provided lining on your own. I am going to likely go with the conservative navy suit, but I was looking to have a striped lining pattern.

How have you typically gone about purchasing lining on your own and at what size what you purchase the fabric?

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

^^ no, I'd say almost no one has ever given me lining, maybe 2 or 3 at most

the striped linings are what I provide, or solid color if that's yer preference

11. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Well-Known Member

I recommend the striped linings. Jason seems to have the right coloured linings for pretty much every suit fabric and it always ends up looking great.

12. HardPart

HardPart New Member

I think I may finally be able to afford my first TaT suit!

I'll probably go with the 10 oz dark navy. Very excited!

13. paisley_red

paisley_red Active Member

14. paisley_red

paisley_red Active Member

double post. pls delete

15. Smahatma

Smahatma Well-Known Member

Jason,

Do you provide this herringbone lining for your suits, or was this a custom lining sent to you by the customer?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQ...ket+lining.jpg

That was selected and provided by Jason.

I think he has reserved several extra awesome linings like that one just for me, since I'm his favorite client. [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Switters

Switters New Member

What type of closure is standard on the pants? Is it the same for both the house cut and the conservative cut?

17. enojy

enojy Active Member

Just placed an order for a two-button conservative house cut suit in medium grey 10 oz. Italian wool. I'll try to remember to post a picture or two once it arrives and is pressed. Thanks again Jason for all of your help!

18. badtant

badtant Member

Jason,
    Source some navy with windowpane check fabric. God I would love that and order right away!

19. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

What type of closure is standard on the pants? Is it the same for both the house cut and the conservative cut?

yes standard closure style with 2 hooks and a button

Jason,
    Source some navy with windowpane check fabric. God I would love that and order right away!

that was one of the first fabrics I had in 2007, no more

20. neo_ny

neo_ny New Member

Hello Everyone,

I recently learnt about TaT suits and I am seriously considering ordering one for my upcoming wedding. I am thinking of a charcoal suit in the conservative cut, I saw the one picture of a suit in that color on Jason's website.. would any of you have additional pictures that you would be kind enough to share?

Thanks!