Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ yea I'm starting with a basic white shirt, then if that goes well enough then I'll do small runs of limited fabrics in different styles (like french cuffs etc). I def want to make a shirt-jac like I had posted myself wearing earlier this year that guys seemed to dig.

baby steps!

2. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

Got my TaT suit today in the mail! I dropped it off immediately at the dry cleaner for pressing. I did a quick test fit and at first glance everything looks great. Will post pics when I get it back from the dry cleaner.

3. bohemianmidnight

bohemianmidnight Senior member

white shirt would be sweet! cant wait. always up for a "perfect white shirt"

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Jason- What's the material on the shirt like? Gonna be more dressy type stuff or casual cotton?

5. Krazine

Krazine Member

I'm going to order a suit soon, but I'm not sure about the fabric/color yet. I want something very dark/close to black, should I go for charcoal....or..?

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'm going to order a suit soon, but I'm not sure about the fabric/color yet. I want something very dark/close to black, should I go for charcoal....or..?

first suit?? charcoal

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

8. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Jason- What's the material on the shirt like? Gonna be more dressy type stuff or casual cotton?

Either a poplin or a pinpoint type fabric. The poplin would be dressier....not sure yet til I see samples of both

10. Asch

Asch Senior member

Just chiming in, if you come up to the Bay Area to host some measuring, I will definitely be there and will buy a suit. Being skittish about measurements is why I haven't bought one already.
    +1

11. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

Jason, what's the difference in fit like between BS Soho and BS Mod? Just so I know what your shirts will be like...

And I'm looking for some opinions here, I want to order a TaT suit for a 'cocktail' type gig later this year. What's people's thoughts on wearing a navy/midnight blue suit for a 'formal' night (i.e. a school formal) - cause my only black suit fits like a hessian sack.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The Soho fit is more fitted, and very similar to BoO in fit (the shirts are longer in length for tucking into your trousers). The mod fit is more like your "J Crew tailored fit", slim by normal standards but not by SF standards. And I think midnite blue would be perfect for a "cocktail" event

13. walneal

walneal Senior member

hi GS
    any chance there will be new stock for the sweaters and cardigans?

14. korce

korce Senior member

It would be similar to BoO A-body

differences comparing Med to Med (speaking hypothetical since there are no actual shirts yet)
    -BoO med has about a 16" neck, mine would be around 15 3/8 (in between 15 and 15.5)
    -shoulders about same 17"
    -chest about same 20.5" across pit-pit
    -body 18 3/8" across (BoO is a few hairs shy of 19)
    -sleeves 34" standard (can be shortened if needed)
    -longer length (the white shirt is meant to be worn with suit and tucked in)
    -about the same armhole and sleeve width

Please make this shirt! From the measurements it looks like quite a good fit for me...I will buy one!

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

hi GS any chance there will be new stock for the sweaters and cardigans?
    yes a couple leftover, PMd you
    Please make this shirt! From the measurements it looks like quite a good fit for me...I will buy one!
    Yes it's going to be made, I just need to figure out what type of white fabric, and get my first samples to see what needs to be tweaked. And get all details sorted on the pricing but it will def be no more than $100 shipped conus. I'm hoping for sometime by early nov when these will actually avail Here's something I wouldnt mind getting opinions on: -I'm thinking of doing the topmost button at neck, and the cuff buttons in a smoky grey MoP while the rest of the buttons down the front placket would be clear MoP, just for a slight visual interest yea? nay?