Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

you'll just have to wait til my sample is finalized [​IMG]

but I ran it across a few for a sanity check and the consensus is that it sounds pretty cool [​IMG]

it's really not that big of a deal, but it's kind of unique I think, and I havent seen anything similar from anyone else. But it's not like I'm reinventing the wheel or anything. Just making more shit that I would want to wear. [​IMG]

2. rilian

rilian Senior member

Hey, Get Smart, I just tried on a few shirts at Ben Sherman and had to return them because the collars are a bit too high and tight, and also the cuffs are quite loose, and I have fairly thick wrists too.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ ummm ok [​IMG]

if you're making a reference to how I'm doing my shirts...you probably got the coventry collar which is tall (it's the "authentic" collar btw)....and the mod fit which ime fits ok thru the body but the neck is too small in proportion (and shoulders are a bit narrow). and I agree their cuffs are too loose (unless you get the barrel cuff with 2 buttons for adjustability)

I'm aware of all that, and my shirt won't be based on the mod fit shirt which is kind of whack imo. nor will i do tall collars since the shirt is supposed to be in sync with my suits which have relatively small collar height.

4. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

Love your stuff and ideas as always. Just hope you do an XS in the shirt, like your jumpers, as then I can spend more of my $ with you!

5. rilian

rilian Senior member

^^ ummm ok [​IMG]

if you're making a reference to how I'm doing my shirts...you probably got the coventry collar which is tall (it's the "authentic" collar btw)....and the mod fit which ime fits ok thru the body but the neck is too small in proportion (and shoulders are a bit narrow). and I agree their cuffs are too loose (unless you get the barrel cuff with 2 buttons for adjustability)

I'm aware of all that, and my shirt won't be based on the mod fit shirt which is kind of whack imo. nor will i do tall collars since the shirt is supposed to be in sync with my suits which have relatively small collar height.

Cool, glad you're making modifications. Looking forward to seeing your shirts, and I'm glad you're expanding the line. Hope to see you in SF if you make it up here also.

6. bluesmobile_440

bluesmobile_440 Member

I also love the idea of the shirts. Keep us posted.

7. markr

markr Senior member

I third (or fourth or whatever we're up to) the notion of a SF trip, though I'm not sure I can wait that long to place my next order!

8. markr

markr Senior member

by the way Jason, can you do an unlined/quarter-lined jacket?

9. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

Got the shipment notice for my TaT suit (2-button conservative cut) on Monday, will post pics when it comes in the mail. [​IMG]

10. sonvolt10

sonvolt10 Well-Known Member

I will be purchasing a TaT suit shortly, as soon as I get some (hopefully) accurate measurements. I have a few questions for Jason and for those that have already purchased and received their suits.

1) How often do you clean your suit? Are there any issues with shrinkage (not the Seinfeld-esque shrinkage)?
    2) How is the quality of the suit(s) in terms of durability (Does the suit still look sharp over time)?
    3) (for Jason) Assuming I'm happy with my initial suit, I plan on ordering 4-5 more suits. How do I arrive at proper measurements (given that it's likely adjustments will need to be made to the first suit) such that the subsequent suits will fit perfectly from the factory?

Thanks

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

1) How often do you clean your suit? Are there any issues with shrinkage (not the Seinfeld-esque shrinkage)?
    2) How is the quality of the suit(s) in terms of durability (Does the suit still look sharp over time)?
    3) (for Jason) Assuming I'm happy with my initial suit, I plan on ordering 4-5 more suits. How do I arrive at proper measurements (given that it's likely adjustments will need to be made to the first suit) such that the subsequent suits will fit perfectly from the factory?

1. I wouldnt clean it unless it is visibly dirty. the 1x year rule is an ok guideline but not accurate for everyone. some will need to clean it more often others less than 1x year. A good steaming will freshen it up if it's not actually dirty

2. My first suit has gone thru hours of hard jitterbugging and still is a-ok. but depending on your lifestyle and enviro I guess ymmv

3. Ideally you would give me tweeks in reference to the 1st suit (like take in the body .5" across, shorten inseam 1" or whatever)

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I am going to start making shirts size S-L (maybe an XS too). They wont be mtm but I get a good amount of requests about a proper shirt (most requests are for white) to wear with suit. So ima start with a solid white shirt that can be worn with the suit, it'll be small collar'd and minimalistic. I'm fashioning the fit after the Ben Sherman "soho fit" shirt which imo is one of the best OTR fits with a perfect proportion from neck size to shoulder to chest to body. Price will be under $100 of course. This will probably be sometime late fall, early winter

That sounds great. The BS Soho Fit is one of the best button down shirts i've purchase based on sizing and fit. I also agree that BS makes very well fitted shirts. I can't wait for this and I don't even have to worry about the sizing if it is based on the soho fit.

13. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Got the shipment notice for my TaT suit (2-button conservative cut) on Monday, will post pics when it comes in the mail. [​IMG]
    Mine shipped on Monday too (placed order 8/18). I should get it in a couple of days.

14. chronic

chronic Senior member

Love your stuff and ideas as always. Just hope you do an XS in the shirt, like your jumpers, as then I can spend more of my $ with you!

+1 on the XS. For those of us who aren't familiar with the BS Soho Fit, can you post measurements when you make the shirts? Thanks!

15. Modernist

Modernist Senior member

+1 on looking forward to the new shirts. I'm always on the look out for an alternative to the vintage BS clone shirt.

What I find exceptionally hard to find is a fitted shirt with full back box pleat, french cuffs and a pointed collar (~3inches long). Perhaps one can hope?