• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
So basically you don't want to do the work yourself and you want Jason to come and do everything for you. Sounds good. Jason, after the San Fran tour can you and the guys come out to ATL, I'd like to get measured. Thanks in advance.
A tour would be a great idea. As you've seen from all the measurement questions here, there is quite a bit of uncertainty with the measuring process. Having Jason measure customers himself should in theory correct many of the problems we are having on first batch orders. Additionally, being able to see fabric swatches in person would be quite handy.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
YOu folks looking for nice, new shoes for your new or upcoming TaT suits should use the Buy Sell forum. Often enough you can find brand new or lightly used shoes for $100-150.

I check everyday but there's never anything in my size.
frown.gif

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I check everyday but there's never anything in my size.
frown.gif

What size do you need?

dinted voice

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Light grey one button peak lapel house cut. Just finished steaming it and will post pics in the next couple days (I am off work and the opportunity to wear it has not presented itself!).

Measurements are in my opinion nearly perfect. The only thing I need to do is let the sleeve out maybe 1/2 inch. I have one shirt that is shorter in the sleeves that it fits with perfectly, but my other shirts have too much cuff showing. I do love it though!

dinted voice

Reaction score
008.jpg

011-1.jpg

My wife said she would take the picture, but I had to include the dogs. Please excuse the break on the pants. Combination of moving, trying to get the dogs to sit. The length of the legs gives no break, but for some reason they slid down my waist a little bit in the picture. Also, please excuse crappy photos....this is my first time!

Edit: After looking at these, apparrently, my wife has uneven legs!

JO3B

Reaction score
am i the only one who things its a little odd for a tie to be so much thicker than the lapel? you guys need slimmer ties for your slim suits.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ dinted voice, did you measure yourself or have someone else do it?

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
^^ dinted voice, did you measure yourself or have someone else do it?

My wife did it, and I think she did pretty spot on. Jason suggested the sleeve length since I was uncomfortable with my measurement.

We measured back to back without looking at the previous set of numbers to make sure it was right.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
am i the only one who things its a little odd for a tie to be so much thicker than the lapel? you guys need slimmer ties for your slim suits.

Seconded. Absolutely.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I really want a suit now but at my age I'd wear it once or twice a year :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads