1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

once I have the sack suit as an option, the next step is to do shirts. As well as the knitwear which'll be a bit trickier. The blazer/sportjacket is definitely easily accomodated. I might just get small amounts of fabric and eventually put those online as sportjacket options on a first come first get basis, fabrics that would otherwise be too loud for a suit but perfect for an odd jacket. But sure, assuming that people like my stuff I would want to keep things moving forward so as not to get stagnant and to offer a full range of stuff. But as this is a side project for me, it won't happen overnite, esp since I want to make sure everything that gets put out has the right amount of thought behind it, in terms of detail and look, and at a price point that is easily accessible for most (which turns out to be the most difficult part)
    Ah, good to know. I'm certainly not expecting overcoats by the end of the week, but I am interested in where you go with this next. We have fairly divergent aesthetics, but I still enjoy what you do. Also, should note that when I say unusual fabrics, I'm not talking about a union jack poncho cut into a jacket. Mostly thinking of stuff that's unusual for street or just unusual for the garmet: cotton or suiting fabrics cut into fitted overcoats, waxed cotton or even wool twill coats or jackets, tweeds cut into things that don't belong on the grandparents in MC, etc. Granted, this is probably more my interest than yours; just curious if you had any plans to head in that direction. Not that who's union jack(et) or stel's kimono lining aren't kind of cool in their own ways.

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Also, should note that when I say unusual fabrics, I'm not talking about a union jack poncho cut into a jacket.

It's supposed to be used for the lining, jerk ass.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Yeah, but that wasn't as funny.

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

If you're going to insult me, at least quote the truth instead of making up some bad joke and posting it because someone told you and only later clarify it as being a joke. [​IMG]

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Sir, you go too far. I request pistols at dawn.

6. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Sir, you go too far. I request pistols at dawn.

Somebody better change their request to kevlar jacket lining.

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Union jacks don't stop American bullets. U-S-A, U-S-A, etc.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Just got in a sample of the sack suit...(excuse the tshirt/sweats combo). This is a quick pic for now....I'll shoot some better ones later.

It's undarted, shoulder pad-less. 3 roll 2 stance. It's shape really isn't that different from the current suits I have since both are based on a columnar fit rather than an extreme wasp-waist nip.

Most importantly, I think this is going to be the 2 button jacket. I adjusted the button stance so that it's evenly balanced. It can be made as a 3 roll 2 or just 2 button. It's still double vented, but the back is a single panel with no split seam down the middle. It just has a cleaner look overall since there are no front darts or back center seam. It has horizontal flap pockets (no ticket) and a 2.8" wide lapel. It's not a true natural shoulder but it's a softer shoulder. The sleevehead roping is giving it's structure along with the body canvas that goes up into the shoulder to also provide support.

This particular fabric is the olive-grey flannel.

[​IMG]

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

jason it looks great. can't wait to blow more cash your way [​IMG]

10. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Okay, nevermind about making a 3-2 regular jacket. That looks pretty great. (Though the latter would be pretty cool.)

EDIT: Just wondering for the regular jackets... how much allowance should I add on to my arm length for shoulder pads? You say to include that when doing the MTM, but every company/tailor/cut etc. has it's own amount of shoulder padding.

11. raley

raley Senior member

Wow, that looks great. You can most likely count me in in a few months.

Where are the lapels measured from? Just the longest point? Also, will you be making this jacket a bit longer to balance out with the more conservative look you are going for?

12. csgrad

csgrad Senior member

I have a V shaped build, 39 inch chest 27 inch waist going down in a V. So I am looking for a bit of waist suppression or else I think the stomach will be to lose. For example, Dolce Gabbana luxury cut (38) and armani collezione (38) cut work really well for me.

I was wondering how much modification to the normal 1 button suit is required to achieve such a cut, if it is even possible for MTM, or should I stick with the normal columnar cut. I was thinking the 38 inch jacket with about 1 inch length added, button stance lowered a bit and a bit more waist suppression would do the trick.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

more waist suppression isnt a problem. BrianSDs suit is actually more waist suppressed than the default jacket for his size. But if your chest is a 39, the size 40 jacket will fit much better on top of the torso, then we can waist suppress it to about 31" at the buttoning point.

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

Nice choice with Vinnie, GS.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Wow, that looks great. You can most likely count me in in a few months.

Where are the lapels measured from? Just the longest point? Also, will you be making this jacket a bit longer to balance out with the more conservative look you are going for?

thanks. lapel width is measured at widest point straight across to inner lapel. No, the jacket is still a semi-bumfreezer. With the columnar shape, I think a shorter length gives it better balance. But adding up to 2" in length is no problem and won't disturb the balance. I won't add more than 2" since that will start to affect the silhouette.

16. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

EDIT: Just wondering for the regular jackets... how much allowance should I add on to my arm length for shoulder pads? You say to include that when doing the MTM, but every company/tailor/cut etc. has it's own amount of shoulder padding.

if your jacket fits fairly well in the shoulder, there shouldnt be too much discrepancy on the sleeve length measurement.

17. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I'll hold you to that reply, you know... [​IMG]

18. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

how soon will the cool sack be shipping?

19. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

how soon will the cool sack be shipping?

There isn't much I'd change to it, but I wanna look it over some more, roadtest it this weekend at soul nite....after that it'll officially be avail.

20. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I'm not sure if I said this before but... any possibility of lowering the stance just a tad on both three buttons?

You should put in your "clothes" section that the sack is coming soon as well, and have that picture up there as a little preview.