Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. smithsj

smithsj Well-Known Member

I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of my first TaT suit with all these pictures!

2. Cryhavoc

Cryhavoc Member

Me too, mine apparently was just shipped. Gah! So excited.

3. brissyboy

brissyboy Senior member

what did you guys order?

4. smithsj

smithsj Well-Known Member

I got a basic charcoal conservative cut 2 button. I know it sounds quite boring, but it's the suit I'll probobly wear the most and for the longest so I wanted something that isn't so trendy. I intend to be going with a more house cut for my suits in the future though.

5. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Question to you who have a TaT suit as I am deciding what I want to get. I am thinking of getting a solid navy suit because I can get a lot of use out of it. That is my main wardrobe deficiency at the moment. I plan on wearing the jacket with other dress pants and have a question about notch versus peak lapels. I would love to get a peaked lapel suit, but how would it look with different dress pants (though still with tie)? I am trying to visualize it and am having trouble. Any thoughts? Thanks.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^^ I would recommend charcoal or med grey over navy. It's more versatile and why you see so many guys in grey suits. Grey is also easier to wear as separates since it goes with brown and black colorways just as easily

lapel...I'd go with notch, again more versatile if you plan on mixing it around

7. fox in sox

fox in sox Senior member

Got my charcoal suit a couple days ago and was very pleased with the results. For those of you SF members who are in the SoCal area, I would definitely recommend getting your measurements done personally by Jason. The only small issue I had with fit was the trouser seat. Other than that, the fit was pretty much spot on, including sleeve and trouser length.

I will post pics soon. Thanks again, Jason - I will definitely be ordering another suit soon!

8. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Thanks Jason. I am actually going back and forth between a navy and light grey suit. I want to get one for fall and then one around Christmas or 1st of the year after the year end bonus. I LOVE grey with brown. Either way I am getting something from you soon! Actually, do you charge before delivery or at order? Thanks.

9. brissyboy

brissyboy Senior member

Do grey suits suit asian complexions?

10. Deipnosophist

Deipnosophist Senior member

I've measured myself and am so close to taking the plunge - I'm just very nervous about getting the results wrong, particularly as I eventually want to place a bulk order of about 4/5 suits. Need to calm my nerves [​IMG]

11. dboll

dboll Senior member

Just saw that my TaT suit was shipped on July 11. Can't wait for it to arrive.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I've measured myself and am so close to taking the plunge - I'm just very nervous about getting the results wrong, particularly as I eventually want to place a bulk order of about 4/5 suits. Need to calm my nerves [​IMG]

I'm in the same field as you with the sizing. I wouldn't mind having 2-3 TaT suits myself.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I would probably just get one suit by itself first, to know how your measurements are, and then place an order for the rest so you know how good your measurements are. I'm gonna go to walmart or something today to get a soft tape measurer to get the ball rolling.

14. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Hey Jason,

Does TaT have any plans to do a tuxedo at any time?

Also, I know I didn't see it on the blog or the site, but have you ever done a summer suit in a grey/silver or sharkskin fabric? Just curious.

15. Lawl.

Lawl. Active Member

Jason,
    Are measurements done by you strictly in Pasadena?
    Id love to have you do my measurements rather than me mess them up but im from southern orange county.
    If not i guess i might just have to make the trip.