Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. GiantSwan

GiantSwan Member

I know Get Smart already posted that my suit is the conservative cut, other details include upgraded wool, lapel widened to 2.5", functional cuffs, traditional slash trouser pockets, half break in the trousers, and pull tabs instead of belt loops. The jacket size is similar to a RTW 36-38, trousers are similar to a 29 waist I believe.

Also, I have to agree with what lychyrychy said above: To any potential TaT purchasers, go for the daring suit. In retrospect, I asked for a more conservative cut because I was afraid taking risks with what was (for me at least) a big purchase. I love the suit, but in asking for the looser fit I think I lost what makes many of the other TaT suits so stunning and noteworthy.

2. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Not a Kent Wang X TaT production (though those are lovely too [​IMG] ) but an entirely TaT production.

I'm quite happy with my KWxTaT shirt (except that I'm a bit between sizes.. too big for 15, too small for 15.75), but I do hope they start collaborating on some MTM shirts soonish. That'd be awesome.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

gs are you still taking comments on the layout of the site or are you happy with the way it is now?

I am re-doing the site in August.....to where everything will be self contained and there wont be any need to separately go to the blog, tho I will be incorporating some blogspot aspects but it will all be imbedded into one site, for ease of viewing, as well as being able to constantly update (esp the fabric section since materials run out, new ones added, etc)

4. swordfish01

swordfish01 Active Member

Also, I have to agree with what lychyrychy said above: To any potential TaT purchasers, go for the daring suit. In retrospect, I asked for a more conservative cut because I was afraid taking risks with what was (for me at least) a big purchase. I love the suit, but in asking for the looser fit I think I lost what makes many of the other TaT suits so stunning and noteworthy.

Good advice...

Same here.. That is why I ordered a different color immediately in the house cut...

5. LawrenceUK

LawrenceUK Active Member

Giant swan

Aside from getting the chest taken in a bit, I think your suit is great, get the waist in a smidge if you want and reduce the leg break and you'll have a perfect modern suit but practical for any setting.

6. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

Good advice...

Same here.. That is why I ordered a different color immediately in the house cut...

Glad you guys feel the same way [​IMG]

7. smithsj

smithsj Well-Known Member

I was looking around for shoes to wear with the TaT suit (conservative cut) that I'm waiting for. Do you guys think the Romano Martegani Siena Seam captoe in black would go along good with this style suit? What suggestions can you give?

8. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Senior member

can I see what the tags on the inside look like?

9. brissyboy

brissyboy Senior member

Can't wait to order mine in early August when I get my exam results! [​IMG]

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I was looking around for shoes to wear with the TaT suit (conservative cut) that I'm waiting for. Do you guys think the Romano Martegani Siena Seam captoe in black would go along good with this style suit? What suggestions can you give?

that sounds like a good shoe....I have one pair of Martegani and it's f;ing awesome, one of my fave shoes.....a really good shoe maker that def goes under the radar

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

can I see what the tags on the inside look like?

[​IMG]

this is the original inside tag...the new one is same but on white background instead of teal

12. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

My girlfriend SMSd me while I was at a workshop for law students, saying that my suits were here.
    I almost dropped everything right then and there to get them.

I've tried them on. I'm in love. Will post pictures later. Got a 3/roll 2 glen plaid and a navy 1b peak lapel.

GetSmart, you are a genius!

13. gqreader239

gqreader239 Senior member

http://leatherjacketsandjeans.blogspot.com/
    wow two suits. you are rolling in dough. hurry up and post those fits.

14. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

My girlfriend SMSd me while I was at a workshop for law students, saying that my suits were here.
    I almost dropped everything right then and there to get them.

I've tried them on. I'm in love. Will post pictures later. Got a 3/roll 2 glen plaid and a navy 1b peak lapel.

GetSmart, you are a genius!

Glad you got yours... Just met Jason last week and the wait is definitely agonizing [​IMG]

15. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

wow two suits. you are rolling in dough. hurry up and post those fits.
    Rolling, hardly. I just choose not to eat [​IMG]. I will post them tomorrow, probably, once the creases are out of them. I am breaking one in right now.