Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. swordfish01

swordfish01 Active Member

Order placed today.. I look forward to the results...

What shirts are you guys wearing with yoru TAT suit?

I went with a dark grey suit for the first purchase...

Next purchase will be a black jacket that I can wear with jeans and such.

2. swordfish01

Are there any alternative ways to contact TaT?

Seems like I can't place and order via e-mail - my messages aren't delivered.

Trying using a different email account to send out the email.. he has been very responsive...

3. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

that suit seems to fit you perfect, including the sleeve lengths.

but please learn how to tie yourself a bloody knot.

4. Dandy Highwayman

Dandy Highwayman Well-Known Member

Is TaT particularly busy at the moment? I placed my order on the 9th April but haven't had any notice of dispatch yet. I don't mean to sound impatient, I'm just really keen to get my suit. [​IMG]

5. swordfish01

told me an average of 4 full weeks before ship.. give it another week and contact him..

what colors and style did you go with?

I went with dark grey flannel 2 button.

6. Dandy Highwayman

Snap! Me too. Funnily enough you're the third guy who's ordered the exact same sort of suit as me. Great minds think alike and all that...

7. swordfish01

indeed... I think that color is hot..

What shirts are you going with? im looking for a good slim cut shirt to purchase..

Probably want a white one and grey tie to start...

8. Dandy Highwayman

Probably going to go with a basic white as well, since that's what I have already. I have a small collection of ties so I'm sure I'll have a few that work well with the colour.

9. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Has any of you bought anything in the cotton/lycra or the summer-weight wool?

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I made myself a cotton suit as a sample, and I've made some odd trousers and I *think* one other suit, but for the most part everyone sticks with wool. The cotton is a hard finish material, and not actually something I'd recommend for a s/s fabric. I remember reading years ago that cotton suits don't breathe as well as wool and I'd probably agree with that, which is one reason why I ask those interested in the cotton their reasons for going in that direction.

But if you want a bright red suit I have it avail in cotton!

11. Lel

Lel Senior member

I know that TaT is considering DB suits as another project, but Jason you did express interest in also making shirts. Any idea when this idea will come into fruitation?

12. Nil

Nil Senior member

I have a 45-46 inch chest at the moment and fairly broad shoulders. Would I still be able to have a suit made?

Note that I'm currently stuck in business casual hell, so this is question for the future once I hopefully move onto a new job in a few months.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

shirts....

As I type this, the first Kent WangxTaT shirt collab should be in Kent's hands. There's only a few made in each size...I'm going to have to have Kent weigh in on specifics of what sizes and how many, but iirc there's only like 3 of each size or something very limited. The fabric is a royal oxford in a candy stripe. The one I have is a lightish blue candy stripe, cant remember if he did one in a red as well. But the fabric only had enough for this run, so what is made is it.

Fit-wise it's basically the BoO fit with some variance. But you get the idea if I say that it fits like BoO, down the the high arms and very slim sleeve.

Fabric is really nice, a royal oxford, with button down collar, MoP buttons, no pleats in back. I'm not sure if he ended up making the lengths short (a la BoO) or normal (like mine) that is meant to be tucked in.

Price....again, I'll have to have Kent verify but it's around $100 or just under.

We basically made a shirt with details that we both agreed on, tho there are aspects I would have liked to do that we didnt, and I'm sure there are aspects we did that he may not have wanted, so it was an equal compromise on the details, but the fit is def in line with what guys like on this forum.

I'll post a pic of myself wearing mine tomorrow.

I'd like to make my own shirts, but it's still not something on the immediate horizon. If/when I do the first shirts will be like the shirt-jac that i had Jantzen make for me that I posted a few months back.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I have a 45-46 inch chest at the moment and fairly broad shoulders. Would I still be able to have a suit made?

to be honest, I dont make my patterns up to that size. sorry.

15. Nil

Nil Senior member

to be honest, I dont make my patterns up to that size. sorry.

Damn, foiled again by my size.