1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

These shoes okay?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tom, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Tom

Tom Senior member

Along the seersucker pants line... and for other casual events. Â I saw these shoes and like them. Â Neat Shoes Anyone know anything about this brand/style? -Tom

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Stacy Adams are definitely low-quality shoes. You can find them for around $40 or so at Filene's, Ross.

They are a good option for 'out there' shoes that you wouldn't want/need to wear much or keep for a long time, but be under no illusion that they are a first-rate brand.

3. TCN

TCN Senior member

If I was going to buy a pair of spectators/correspondents, especially to wear with seersucker, I would opt for a more classic style, but that's just me. Two-tone shoes can go from classic summer footwear to zoot suit territory pretty quickly if you're not careful.

4. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

In my opinion those belong on the golf course, and nowhere else.

5. NYCDan

NYCDan Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with you there Avnish.

6. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

In my opinion those belong on the golf course, and nowhere else.
    Can't disagree with you there Avnish.
    Avnish?

7. marc37

marc37 Senior member

They look like really cheaply made shoes Tom. l think you would get more satisfaction from better made shoes. Why do you want to scimp on shoes for? l have seen your photo and you appear to dress quike o.k, don't let yourself down with rubbish shoes. Why don't you save up and buy something of [at least] Crockett & Jones quality. Resist the temptation to buy rubbish, it won't keep you happy in the end. Kind regards Tom: the shooman. [​IMG]

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

marc37, tsk tsk. Why give such advice when you have in your signature this "mutant chelsea" by Prada, which may be worse. [​IMG]

9. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Their website is here. As TCN has pointed out, SA are more known for pseudo-zoot fashions than they are for lasting quality - but really, how often are you going to wear spectators anyway? If you wanted them only for wearing to the occasional theme party, or for swing dancing, they probably would be at the right price. PS I am seriously considering a pair of the SA Sabolo, so take my opinion with a large grain of salt. I can't help it. I just know they'd look good with... something.

10. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

Hey Tom: I ordered some Stacey Adams spectators on Zappos a year or two ago. I ordered them but was pretty unhappy with their appearance and the quality of the leather. I returned them immediately. I don't know what that attracts you to this particular model, but I have the Melly from Alfred Sargent. Although it is a bit more, think it might be a bit classier....Here is the black and white version: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=39 Bic

11. kabert

kabert Senior member

Ever since a 1980's rap song included the words "I'm 'bout to walk a hole in my Stacy Adams" I've relegated them to the bottom of the heap. Then I actually saw a pair or two.

12. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

In about a week or two, those Stacy Adams (and may I say right here, eeeyuk&#33[​IMG] will no only be at Marshall's but giving the oldest-dog-at-the-pound eyes on the clearance rack.

13. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

BTW, that emoticon in my previous pos is a hijacking of my parenthesis. So, please envision a curved line where that face is.

14. Tom

Tom Senior member

wow. Â Thanks for all the feedback guys. Â I really appreciate it. Â I go over the edge sometimes, like that inflatable kayak I thought I'd get so much use out of. Â [​IMG] (I really did buy that kayak, and almost drowned my girlfriend and I) Okay, the only shoes I own other than boots are a pair of very comfortable Sandro Moscoloni Derbys, they are black, but they are very casual. Â Pictured here. I would like to own a good pair of dress shoes in Burgundy, but I am not sure what I can get under $200. Â Perhaps I should save up for a pair of AE's? Tom

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Fratelli Rossetti makes a fine spectator with a slightly pointed toe.