• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These people are worse than rodents

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
With the economy in the dumps, the soda can scavengers are out in full force. We have recycling the town I live in, but let's just say we aren't as strict as say like in Japan, where they tell on their neighbors. Thus, I am getting a mild headache from these scavengers. I am sick of leaving for work or returning from work on trash days discovering direct and indirect evidence of trash bags ripped wide open by these human scavengers. Crap, at least rodents sniff around selectively for leftovers and contrarily to common knowledge, they actually don't have the tools to untie knots.

I can't shoot them like rodents, can I?
fight[1].gif

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
You don't really want powder burns on your bespoke clothing, do you?

(I hope you're joking.)

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try recycling yourself for once. Aluminum recycling is one of the few recycling industries that doesn't have to be subsidized to high heaven to actually make money.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee
With the economy in the dumps, the soda can scavengers are out in full force. We have recycling the town I live in, but let's just say we aren't as strict as say like in Japan, where they tell on their neighbors. Thus, I am getting a mild headache from these scavengers. I am sick of leaving for work or returning from work on trash days discovering direct and indirect evidence of trash bags ripped wide open by these human scavengers. Crap, at least rodents sniff around selectively for leftovers and contrarily to common knowledge, they actually don't have the tools to untie knots.

fight[1].gif

What a pleasant message as we approach the Holiday Season.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who are these people? Digging through trash is for waste managment employees, the homeless and identity theives.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee

fight[1].gif

Hmmm, I am thinking a good use of bailout funds would be to arm them so they can shoot you.
plain.gif

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thrash can with a lock? Just be sure to give the key to the men that pick up your waste...

hamish5178

Reaction score
Maybe these people are recycling your cans, to make up for your laziness?

Eagle

Reaction score
It sounds like your community could be doing more to help those, within your midst, who have fallen upon hard times! Perhaps a miracle will come along and soften your heart, just a bit.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The easiest course of action is to separate them from your main trash and put them out in a bucket when you take out the trash for the scavengers. If you live in a city and don't have a property manager to handle trash day, you'll always be frustrated come trash day. Legally once trash is put out for collection I believe it has entered the public domain. I think the exception being the wholesale recycling scavengers who go by car like in NY.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics