These gaultier glasses...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Maxim, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Maxim

Maxim Member

Hi all, What does everyone think about these Jean Paul Gaultier sunglasses? If anybody has any information regarding retail prices, and etc. please post. Thank you. Note- These are from eBay. Used only for reference. Jean Paul Gaultier Sunglasses. Gaultier Glasses 1. [Gaultier Glasses 2.

2. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

the 2nd pair is interesting but not my style... maybe they go for what he is asking but that seems a lot to me.

3. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

If this website is anything to go by, Gaultier sunglasses would retail for anywhere between US$200-300. Whether they're worth that is anyone's guess. You should probably be careful about buying sunglasses online - much like buying shoes, or any clothing online - unless you're very sure they'll fit the shape of your face. Contact the seller and ask for the exact dimensions of the frames... As for the designs, well, I guess they're okay, but in the unlikely event I was buying Gaultier, I'd probably look for something more... Unique? Distinct? Something definitively Gaultier.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I actually have the same pair as that in the second link. Mine are in a gold frame with blue lenses. As for the pricing I remember I bought them for $350 at a store called Joel Name Eyewear in Soho I think. Last time I was at an optical store that sold Gaultier I saw them retailing for about $450.

As for the other pair I rather like the styling. The retail I saw once on a German site was about 750 Deutsch Marks. I don't know what that converts to these days what with the Euro, and all.